Humminbird transducer float

• Joef421
    SW Wisconsin

So i recently converted my helix 5 gen2 to an ice u it using the xi 9 1521 transducer. I used it yesterday and it was awesome, however the float was so buoyant that the transducer barely pulled one end under the water and left the float 80% out of the water and leaning to the side. Is this how all of them are? Used to my vex where the end sits only an inch or so out of the water, the way the bird is now is a little annoying as its and obstacle to fish around. No big deal but just seeing if im the only one who has noticed this?

catnip
    south metro

Just trim it shorter so it sits how you want it. I don’t remember how mine sits but hopefully Tuesday morning I will get to use it again and see.

Sam
    St.Francis

They are all going to be a little different like stated above trim a bit and try it in a bucket so you don’t take too much off. A little bit changes the float quite a bit

Bass Thumb
    Royalton, MN

I noticed that on my dad’s ICE 35. I just took the float off and he hangs the puck over the side of the hole. Works fine.

Another option is to use a hanging arm like a Marcum.

I hate those floats.

papaperch

where did you find the xi9 1521 in stock ? been all over internet can’t find one

wormdunker

I searched the internet too. I found them at Thorne Bros. Also Joes said they order going to order more. Felt great to support my local store owners vs on line.

Gobbler

Surprised that hummingbird still uses that float everybody complains about it

Joef421
    SW Wisconsin

I got the transducer at Scheels in Rochester.

404 ERROR
    MN

Throw at least the support cable in the trash if you really want to use a float. The float will work good on the main transducer line if you feel inclined, trim as necessary. It was a copy write issue that led them to using the support cable for the float.

Me, I tossed the float and support cable right in the trash. Hang it right over the side of the hole. Only worry is while hole-hopping in real cold weather to make sure the cable isn’t frozen to the side of the hole.

nu98walleye

X2 what Merican Eagle said…..

Throw the support cable & the float in the trash! & just hang the cable over the side of the hole. All the float does is get in the way when your pulling fish up thru the hole. The marcum transducer arms also work good if your worried about just hanging the cable over the side of the hole they cost about $12

Attachments:
    1. Ducer-arm.png

luttes
    Maplewood/WBL

Also, humminbird’s float is literally a piece of pipe insulation that’s been cut.

gotalunker
    Zimmerman, MN

I cut mine. About 30% of original size is perfect.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.