Humminbird helix question.

• chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me what transducer comes with the 5 or 7 helix?
    I may get one and i want put the transducer inside under the deck.I need to know if it is flat on the bottom. I’m looking at getting depth\gps no SI or DI.I
    I siliconed my last one and don’t really want to drill and mount it on the transom.

curleytail

Sorry, I don’t know for sure which one comes with those units but I would guess it’s a standard external mount high speed ducer.

I’ve read that while it’s possible to use those as shoot through transducers they don’t work as well as the puck style transducer that’s made for a shoot through hull application.

It sounds like the puck style is more sensitive/powerful which works better when shooting through the hull. Humminbird may have a transducer trade in program for you with an unused transducer though.

mnfisherman18

I bought the helix 7 all season package and it came with the XNT-9-HW-9. I believe this is their standard high speed 2d transducer that is built to be mounted on the transom.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.