Humminbird GPS ONLY

• outdoorsmn

Why does Humminbird not offer a GPS only unit for all sizes?

Most guys who use two graphs use one for GPS and lake maps only. I have a Helix 9 right now and would love another graph with only GPS. I don’t want a transducer, SI/DI/Sonar, I simply want a Helix 9 screen with GPS and lake mapping capabilities. I’ve emailed Hummingbird and they told me they only offer a helix 5 in a gps only unit.

With that said, if anyone is looking to part with a helix 9 screen with lake mapping capabilities for a reasonable price, please let me know! Thanks.

RM

I don’t believe they offer a Helix 5 GPS ONLY. They do offer a Helix 5 CHIRP GPS, the CHIRP being 2D Sonar.

They also offer a Helix 9 CHIRP GPS. It comes with the 2D Sonar transducer, but it is still cheaper than a model with DI or SI.

They also offer CHO (Control Head Only) units which do not come with a transducer. These are of course less expensive than models with a transducer. They are useful for networking to a unit that already has a transducer installed, provided the installed unit is capable of networking.

Jason

Buy a Helix 9N gps CHO. That’s what your asking for

Justin Laack
    Austin,mn

Your only saving around $100-$150 by going the CHO route, but that is head that you don’t really need. Like Jason said the most cost effective is to buy a Helix 9 chirp. Just be careful if you think you will want to ever have the side imaging on that screen you will need to stay in the same “gen” in order for it to work, or have “mega” capability.

Ripjiggen

Why would they when they know most will fork over the money anyway?

Justin Laack
    Austin,mn

If your on Facebook look on marketplace. There is a guy in Wisconsin with a used helix 9 chirp si g2n for $400 no transducer.

Deuces

Honestly what percentage of their sales would be buying this specific unit? Whether you’re a business person or not one can see why it doesn’t make sense for advertising, packaging, manufacturing etc.

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

When you find one make sure to go in and turn sonar off if used just for mapping.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.