Hub House Hole Layout

• waldo9190
    Cloquet, MN

Just picked up a 949i to add a hub to my collection of ice houses. How do you guys like to place your holes if fishing two or three guys? I’ve only fished in one a couple times, and never seemed to have the holes where I thought they made sense.

Thanks!

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

We sit in the center and put the holes to the outside edge. Back to back with 2 guys, kinda in a triangle with 3. Try and get as much space between them as possible for a couple reasons:

1) Interference on the locators
    2) Tangled lines

Each guy is usually fishing 2 holes – deadstick and jigging – so spacing is important.

waldo9190
    Cloquet, MN

That was my thought as well. Keep each guy’s holes as far away from eachother as possible….. doah

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

That was my thought as well. Keep each guy’s holes as far away from eachother as possible….. doah

Hole separation is key……I’ll stop now.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Matt Moen wrote:</div>
    POLE separation is key……I’ll stop now.

Fixed

Hah!

I would argue separation of both are equally important. If either are too close you could end up with a problem.

Alex Fox

With three guys, bring some tip ups. Heater, minnow cooler, any extra rods or tackle, 3 guys in this house makes it 1 line only per man. I’ve tried many layouts in mine as well and can’t get it right. I usually do corners, but the doors are in the corners, so have to leave one corner with no hole. I picked up a Clam Six Pack for the larger groups and using a hub.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.