Hows is the the duck season going. The Weterling season just opened.

• 1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

Sory, but can we just let the boy rest and leave the family alone? Yes, I Know the irony.

munchy
    NULL

I’m confused….?

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

I assume he’s referring to the release of case documents. This is a very necessary part of the judicial process. Not sure why it would be frowned upon.

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

This is a very necessary part of the judicial process.

What’s necessary about dragging this family through this again? I’m seriously asking because I have no idea how this can help anything?

Anyone that feels it’s their right to know what happened? Get a better hobby.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Allowing anyone to pick and choose what should be public information, whether it be the public or public officials, is wrong and dangerous. Information suppression is an avenue for corruption and tyranny. Unfortunate as it may be at times, it keeps our government and our judicial system in check.

Do you think the Castille and Damond case files should be made public?

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Let me add that I’m fully aware that this is a gold mine for the media, but again, if the public cannot have access to this information, how do we know if the judicial process was properly followed? If the fbi, sheriff or the courts made mistakes and the info is withheld from the public, then we all are victims.

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

I am referring to the yearly coverage of this case like this case is so important over others in the last 30 years. I understand the importance of the investigation and the judicial process and transparency of fails and wins but after 30 years of getting beat over the head by the the death of one person makes me sick of the sensationalism behind it. Today is just the start then a lull will happen til mid october when the sensationalism will continue. I really would like to be wrong on this.
    Disregaurd this post if one is into a 30 year on going soap opra.
    Do i think files of other cases should be open to the freedom of imfomation act the answer is yes. In the past year I have used the freedom of information act to find some valuable information of local goings on in my local government but I dont bore you with the details beyond this. I sure would share the details if you ask!

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

I am referring to the yearly coverage of this case like this case is so important over others in the last 30 years. I understand the importance of the investigation and the judicial process and transparency of fails and wins but after 30 years of getting beat over the head by the the death of one person makes me sick of the sensationalism behind it. Today is just the start then a lull will happen til mid october when the sensationalism will continue. I really would like to be wrong on this.
    Disregaurd this post if one is into a 30 year on going soap opra.

I totally agree. Unfortunately the media is a money machine and has no interest in actually reporting news as it was intended.

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

Let me say this. I recognise my whining of something insignifacant. I see the goodness and foundations and awareness that has come from this particular case and that is one thing we all can not be without!
    Jimminy, how sholow am I? Don`t answer that please.
    May we not forget those accused but exonerated years later how those lives were and now effected.
    I will try to shut it now.

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

I just noticed this was directed over here. I apologize for this

Please delete this thread.

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

I’m confused….?

I’m with you? Did he just somehow tie duck opener to Jacob weterling? crazy

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

Jiminy, Bob do you read before you …. or is it in your nature to make something into that is not? Took you a whole 18 minutes or was it 18 mn to read that far? 0;

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

I guess I don’t mind the release of the information, but what I can’t stomach is the media and the way they fail to adhere to facts. I can’t stomach their speculation and all the what-ifs and why-fors. I would have liked to seen some stipulation put on the release that any and all forms of media cannot comment on any portion of the files that is not fact and that any entity stepping outside of actual fact can be held in contempt and jailed. This family has been thru he// and they certainly don’t need any more garbage generated by the money machine media. If the media is held to nothing but fact the public would get informed and we could be done with it…..for the family’s sake.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Then there’s the public soap opera today between the sheriff and the fbi investigator.

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

Jiminy, Bob do you read before you …. or is it in your nature to make something into that is not? Took you a whole 18 minutes or was it 18 mn to read that far? 0;

coffee

Have at it hoss but you are the one that started a THREAD about the very TOPIC you wish the news would “lay to rest”… So…what’s your angle?

basseyes

1st amendment, don’t like it, move to North Korea. And I agree, the media is disgusting.

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

I guess I don’t mind the release of the information, but what I can’t stomach is the media and the way they fail to adhere to facts. I can’t stomach their speculation and all the what-ifs and why-fors. I would have liked to seen some stipulation put on the release that any and all forms of media cannot comment on any portion of the files that is not fact and that any entity stepping outside of actual fact can be held in contempt and jailed. This family has been thru he// and they certainly don’t need any more garbage generated by the money machine media. If the media is held to nothing but fact the public would get informed and we could be done with it…..for the family’s sake.

Well said.

bstrong

Really?
    Go post this on Kare 11 or the Strib…

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.