How many here play House poker often.

• fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Prior to moving to St. Cloud I use to play lots of Poker, Both at the race track and at Peoples homes. There was a group that played about every 2 weeks all winter long that I use to join. I really miss playing. I really liked playing the Sit and Go tourneys out at the track. Its seems like the whole Texas Hold-Em thing has seemed to fall way off in recent years. If anyone is in the Saint Cloud area and looking for a addition person to join in on their game, Let me know.

ThunderLund78

Not in your area, but our neighborhood used to do it a lot more, too. Been a couple years since the last one one but used to be every few months… I need to try and get something fired-up with the guys for sure. Always a blast and up way to late…

Also fun because as soon as a few guys go out – the dice come out at a side table until someone wins at cards and then we all go back to Poker.

KP
    Hudson, WI

Use to play a ton and now only like once or twice a year. I have a group of friends who we always get together for the first Friday of the Tournament to play cards and watch the games. Always turns into a late night but looking forward to it.

jwellsy

I’ve always wanted to learn how to play poker.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I haven’t played in a while. Some of the local bars would have poker night once a week but they haven’t had that in a while.

I’d play if someone put a game together but if JJ shows up i’m out. rotflol

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Surprised not more poker players here. I know the whole craze had diet off some, but didn’t know how much. I wish I could trust some of the online sites, but I don’t. Its also not as fun as playing in person. No way to get reads off the players when playing online.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

used to play cards alot in my younger years….and depending on the group depended on the card game. some was poker….and i think rules were made up sometimes!!! whistling

another group was cribbage……… another was 500 then uerker??? and pinochle.

i havent played cards in 20 years i’d gues!!

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I still play lots of Cribbage and 500 at home with Family and Friends. Just not the same excitement as no limit poker for money.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

I still play lots of Cribbage and 500 at home with Family and Friends. Just not the same excitement as no limit poker for money.

in any card game i’ve been involved in there was always a limit!!!! and in poker 3 raise limit.

high stakes poker aint no fun………yea i’m a cheap AZZ!!!!

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

The no limit games I play are not what I’d call High stakes. The house game I use to play in had a buy in of 50.00. The sit and Go’s I use to love to play at the Track were a 40.00 buy in. The problem I have with Limit poker is there is always someone that will call all the way to the final card in hope of catching something on the final card. In no limit that is highly reduced. If you have a great Starting hand or one after the Flop and bet Enough, the person is not likely to call you hoping to catch something on the last two cards.

Sparklesonthewater
    Grinnell, Ia

In my younger years, we had poker night every Friday and Saturday night, no high rollers, I miss those games.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Trobec’s in St. Stephen used to host poker on Sunday afternoons, might be worth giving them a ring.

3Rivers

Too many opportunities to cheat at house games. I prefer to play at a card club with paid dealers and where the cheating chances are minimized. I play at TI and Canterbury often. Mostly just killing time and chasing a bad beat jackpot. )

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

I still play too often at Canterbury, Running Aces, Vegas or other

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I still play too often at Canterbury, Running Aces, Vegas or other

Do they still have the sit and go tourneys out at Canterbury? They had 40.00 and 100.00 ones. Single table, Rather fast blind increasers and paid out top 3. I think about the longest one of those use to last was around 2 hours. I won one once is about 25 minutes. As soon as you were out or won, you went back to sign up for the next one. It was a fun way to kill a few hours a few times a week.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Too many opportunities to cheat at house games. I prefer to play at a card club with paid dealers and where the cheating chances are minimized. I play at TI and Canterbury often. Mostly just killing time and chasing a bad beat jackpot. )

Cheating and getting caught in a house game could end up about as bad as cheating in Vegas in the early years. If you run into cheating in a house game with friends you know, You have some bad friends. I think I’d more worry about running into cheating at a club than I would in a home game.

orve4

We try to get together monthly with a group of friends. Usually takes place about 2-3 times a winter. We do dealer calls game usually around 7-8 guys. Lots of fun and late nights.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

We do dealer calls game

Once people were knocked out in our Group they always started up a side table and played call games. Call games never interested me. After I was knocked out, I would normally just stick around to sober up some and then head home.

3Rivers

Cheating and getting caught in a house game could end up about as bad as cheating in Vegas in the early years. If you run into cheating in a house game with friends you know, You have some bad friends. I think I’d more worry about running into cheating at a club than I would in a home game.

It’s not the people showing up to the game I would be worried about, rather the people running the game and the people in their circle. Collusion around every corner.

JEREMY
    BP

My daughters like to play 31. After they win all my money they say do we have to use our money to play tomorrow while batting their little eyelashes at me while sticking out their lower lip. Thats what I call collusion. Works for them everytime.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

It’s not the people showing up to the game I would be worried about, rather the people running the game and the people in their circle. Collusion around every corner.

The house games I’m playing in, the players and the people running the game are the same. Each league member host a night of poker at their house. Some end up hosting 2. I guess it could be different showing up as a random house poker event.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.