How do you wash your ball caps

• lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

You never wash a hat guys are funny. If you want to wear a stinky nasty hat around I say go for it. Me, I dunk my hat in the lake all the time to cool down but will also reserve the right to wash it. LOL

lindyrig79

Go to the laundry room and steal the Spray & Wash and spray them down before tossing in the dishwasher. When done run a extra rinse cycle to make sure everything is rinsed down the drain.

Spray n wash is a good idea

Coletrain27

You never wash a hat guys are funny. If you want to wear a stinky nasty hat around I say go for it. Me, I dunk my hat in the lake all the time to cool down but will also reserve the right to wash it. LOL

Dunking it in the lake or river is one thing and buying a special form to put them in a dishwasher is a different thing

lindyrig79

Dunking it in the lake or river is one thing and buying a special form to put them in a dishwasher is a different thing

Never done it, but not afraid to try

Coletrain27

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Coletrain27 wrote:</div>

Never done it, but not afraid to try

The reason I said never was because I tried it in the dishwasher 20 years ago and shrunk my hat and threw it in the garbage

Timmy

To cheap to pay for hats here…..wear em until they are gross, toss em and grab another from the inexhaustible vendor supply. Never considered paying for one….lol.

Ron
    Victoria, mn

I have always used a toothbrush and Dawn. I would like to find a better way myself.

Does Dawn do house calls? blush

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

Rodwork wrote:
    I have always used a toothbrush and Dawn. I would like to find a better way myself.

Does Dawn do house calls?

Only for baby ducks stuck in oil spills.

I am going to try the spry and wash. I don’t know about you guys but I sweet so bad if I didn’t wash my hats I would only get a month out of them in the summer while fishing. By washing I will get a season before they become yard hats followed by the trash. Have you ever weighed your hat new and then check it after a month? That sweet and fish slime adds some weight.

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

^ Well for those of us who catch fish. grin

Never…bad luck to wash ball caps.

You can’t wash out skill. toast

Reef W

After a few washings the cardboard in the bill will fall apart but it will be a while.

I think a lot are plastic now.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Have you ever weighed your hat new and then check it after a month? That sweet and fish slime adds some weight.
    [/quote]

I can not say I have ever weighed my hat not will I in the near future. Mine get nasty as well. A few dunks in the lake and a light hand scrub and they are good to go again.

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.