How do you vote?

• gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Without making it a political argument or statement, please tell me how you generally vote in an election year: in person on Election Day, early voting in person, or by mail/absentee.

I personally have been voting absentee/mail the last several elections because voting day has fallen during deer firearms season and I’m always hunting away from my voting precinct. This year, although Election Day is prior to deer hunting, I did absentee/mail again (for various reasons).

Thanks for your responses.

Coletrain27

In person on Election Day for me

Dan
    Southeast MN

Trying the mail-in thing this year. I don’t like lines and crowds much and I’ve also got a 12-hour workday that day for me. The last thing I want to do is work 12 hours and then find myself waiting in line for another hour or more.

I registered online and got my ballot within a few days. The only other time I did this was in 2004 when I was deployed overseas and the ballot and envelopes look almost exactly the same.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

In person, on election day.

SuperDave1959
    Harrisville, UT

We had drop off boxes at our City offices and library so that is what we did this year but typically take advantage of the absentee ballots.

CBMN
    North Metro

In person for me also.

Pauleye
    Onamia

Voted at my City Hall.

stjoeguy

We voted by mail for the first time. According to the Secretary of State website they were received October 6 and will be counted. Now if I could just convince the TV that I don’t need any more political ads! Thank goodness for fishing forums and youtubes (although even some youtube videos have political ads these days sad ).

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

So there is no new information that would make you regret voting early for a candidate?

SuperDave1959
    Harrisville, UT

So there is no new information that would make you regret voting early for a candidate?

LMAO, facts don’t matter Dutch.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

In person on vote day

joe-winter
    St. Peter, MN

In person on Election Day.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

We walked out ballots up to the election office a couple weeks ago and they were counted and posted as such two days later.

And no Dutch, nothing has happened to make me think I made a mistake.

Craig Sery
    Bloomington, MN

I don’t understand how you can ask a question like that and not be making it political, just saying

B-man

I’ll be voting in person at My areA Government stAtion mrgreen

Denny O
    Central IOWA

In person, on election day.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I thought I read in Mini you can change your vote.

munchy
    NULL

Funny, I saw a story after the last debate that said the top Google search for the 24hrs after that debate was “How can I change my vote?”

stjoeguy

In Minnesota an early vote can be cancelled up to 14 days before the election. So it’s too late to change now and too late after the last debate.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Trying the mail-in thing this year. I don’t like lines and crowds much and I’ve also got a 12-hour workday that day for me. The last thing I want to do is work 12 hours and then find myself waiting in line for another hour or more.

I registered online and got my ballot within a few days. The only other time I did this was in 2004 when I was deployed overseas and the ballot and envelopes look almost exactly the same.

minnesota state law states you can vote in the morning of a general election and your employer has to pay for the time your absent from work to do so.

i will vote in person at the polling place.

Mike m

Dont trust whats been done to the post office . Definitely in person

chubs1018

In person on election day.

Deuces

In person on election day.

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

I’ll be voting in person at My areA Government stAtion mrgreen

What he said…

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Absentee. Dropped mine at the local gov center a couple weeks ago.

In the past, I’ve always voted in person.

The_Bladepuller
    South end

Went into city hall last Friday so voted early.
    Did the same thing last summer for the primary.
    Other than 2020 I always have done it in person.

blackbay
    mn

If election day falls during deer season, I vote absentee. If it’s before, I’ve always voted in person on election day. This year I decided to go to the city hall and vote today. It was no different than other times I voted absentee with the exception of there were two election judges present.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

I like to vote in person on the morning of election day. In years past, I always brought in a dozen doughnuts for the poll workers and thanked them for their service. With the Covid stuff, a verbal thank you will have to do the job this year.

bclii
    MN/AZ

I’ve always voted in person!

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 89 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.