Hot beef commercial & and sour cream raisin pie?

• tindall
    Minneapolis MN

Commercials are great comfort food. I have had them ranging from “artisan” house smoked beef/turkey ones on homemade bread with organic whatever blah blah, to truck stop instant potatoes, white bread, and whatever that “brown gravy” is and they are all usually amazing.

No thanks on anything raisin.

Netguy
    Minnetonka

Never heard of a commercial until a few years ago and I’m 62 now. My son heard of them when he went to college in Marshall 6-7 years ago. Tried the one at Bump’s. It was good but I wasn’t very energetic for the next few hours. Never heard of the raisin pie. Doesn’t sound very appetizing.

ThunderLund78

Just had a commercial for lunch the other day! One of my favorite things! No offense, but those are about as Minnesotan as hotdish.

Sour Cream and Raisin Pie, though… Yeah, that’s a generational thing. I guess I’d try it if it were offered but I’m almost positive I wouldn’t like it. Seems like that’s something straight out of those old cookbooks and magazines that have stuff like mayo, jell-o, ham and olives all in the same recipe.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Well I took some time this afternoon and headed out to glencoe for my first commercial. I had the turkey commercial but my buddy got the beef so I was able to try both. Delicious! Even found room for a slice of pie afterwards but not sour cream raisin lol

Attachments:
    1. 20220319_142812-scaled.jpg

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

That looks tastey crappie.

Buffalo Fishhead

The naming of the same or very similar foods from one geographic area to another is an interesting topic.

Growing up in rural northeastern Nebraska a hot beef sandwich was a very common item on the menu’s of small town mom and pop diners. I had never heard them called a commercial until this thread.

I had never had raison cream pie while growing up, mainly because I was not fond of raisons. However, a part time secretary brought a raison cream pie to work one day because she wanted us to try her “signature” dish. I was extremely surprised at how good it was.

Buffalo Fishhead

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.