Honda auger oil

• johnksully
    Lakeville, MN

What oil is everyone running in there Honda lite augers? I know it reccomends 0w-20. I found some 0w-40 amsoil would that work?

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Amsoil also makes a 0-20 automotive oil. Don’t know what specs you need for the Honda.

4walleye
    Central SD

I just buy the little bottle that are sold for the Honda Lite, I believe it is synthetic oil. Yeah, I know you probably pay as much for the little bottle as for a whole quart, but it makes it idiot proof! James mentioned in a previous post that the biggest problem they have had with the auger is over filling with oil by the owners.

mh454
    ND

What oil is everyone running in there Honda lite augers? I know it reccomends 0w-20. I found some 0w-40 amsoil would that work?

I personally wouldn’t recommend the 0W-40 (pretty thick for cold weather). If Honda recommends 0W-20 I would stick with that. Most auto part stores sell 0W-20 so it shouldn’t be a problem to get. Walmart has Mobil 1 0W-20 which is what I run in my pickup. I think it would work good to keep the small oil container the auger comes with and then just refill it from the quart bottle. That way you get the correct amount (assuming you know how far to fill the small bottle).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.