Home Audio

• deertracker

Finishing off a 3 season porch and want to put 4 speakers in the ceiling. We run music off of our phones. What’s the best way to run this? I’m assuming run the speaker wire to a small device and Bluetooth my phone to that? Anyone have one they like?
    DT

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

No expert but Why not just use Bluetooth speakers?

glenn57
    cold spring mn

No expert here either but why not a big old ghetto blaster stereo system???

Moving in with the lady friend??? devil waytogo whistling

deertracker

No expert but Why not just use Bluetooth speakers?

I was going to look into that as well. I want it flush mounted.
    DT

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Lots of options. I had a small, inexpensive option for a while, but the sound quality wasn’t great. I figured running $400 speakers off of a $40 amp/receiver was pointless. Last year, I just bought a full-sized Yamaha receiver with Bluetooth. Much better sound, and it just fits in a Rubbermaid tub and tucks under/behind the couch (our porch gets a bit wet in windy storms).

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

C’mon man, find one of those old consoles with the built in turntable and 8 track player. It’ll have your speakers built in. Course you might not be old enough to remember those. doah

?????

Look at the Sonos systems. You can get one that hooks to your existing amp or a powered one. It works over your wireless internet and you can get the app for your phone to control songs volume etc.. I have one and love it and have installed several for customers.

waldo9190
    Cloquet, MN

What about a few hundred for a nice sound bar system? I play music off our Samsung (with sub) all the time when I’m getting things done around the house.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

DT, we still hard wire. Though technology continues to improve most of my customers require it for best quality.

Over size your wires and if in the wall, make sure they are UL listed. Many big box stores sell non-ul listed low voltage wire

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

Look at the Sonos systems. You can get one that hooks to your existing amp or a powered one. It works over your wireless internet and you can get the app for your phone to control songs volume etc.. I have one and love it and have installed several for customers.

We have the sonos system and love it! You can add any app and share across various users, build play lists, etc. Some bands are harder to get, but it is not very limited. We have iheartradio, pandora, amazon, spotify, youtube music, its very cool. A single amp powers the speakers and the app is easy to use.

JasonP
    Twin Cities

The best home audio on the market today IMO is Sonos. They have in-wall units as well. Great quality.

j

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

DT, we still hard wire. Though technology continues to improve most of my customers require it for best quality.

I picked up a couple different wireless ones and they went back. Hard wire is the way to go. You can find a receiver with Bluetooth at the pawn shop for under $100 if you are trying to stay within a budget. Pick up a pair of quality bookshelf speakers and add a sub if you feel you need one (I always need one). You can build a better system this way that will sound better than any sound bar for the same price.

?????

The Sonos hard wires speakers to the system so you have that option.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.