Holcombe Bass

• kNelson

Anybody have much luck on bass on Holcombe? we’ve had a cabin up there for almost 10 years now and really have pursued them much except on jump river float trips. i’ve had some luck up by that big rock in main creek, there’s a big stump with long roots thats produced smallie after smallie up the chippewa, and i’ve pulled some largemouths out of the back of cranberry,but are there any better producing areas i should be trying? depending if my tourney schedule lets me, i’d like to get up there and try for a little bassin’ action beause the muskies never cooperate with me unless im fishing bass. I don’t need info anytime soon, just thought i’d bring up the topic while i was in here. The cover and food are in the lake, there has to be more bass than the numbers than im getting.

Jon Stevens
    Northfield, Wi

shoot me a pm if you want info on the jump river… I’ve fished it more than any other body of water. Plenty of 1/2 to full day floats to make you happy for smallies and musky.

kNelson

i know my way around the jump river pretty well. been floating it since i was 7 or 8. caught some muskies on light tackle, lost a lot more. i had one day a few years ago when the smallies wouldnt take anything but a silver husky jerk, the water was just the right depth, i think we caught 50 in a half day. really fun day. this year i’ll probably up there more to relax between tournament weekends but i’d still like to learn to how catch a few bass up there. the structure is there, but they ain’t like on Pool 9.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.