Higher water is coming!!!

• Buckeye86
    Inactive

Just looked at the water level forecast and looks like with this rain she’s coming up!! That will set up seems and get them big girls tight to shore!! Hooty hoo!!

Tyler Schulz

It’s been a few years sence Iv been down their. A buddy and I are comen down next weekend. He’s been catching males in 4ft of water using blade baits. Myself Iv always been a fan of jig and plastics. Are there any hot colors producing that I should keep in mind ?

Tyler Schulz

The big girls are starting to show up the way it sounds, I talk to a guy at work that put a 33 and a 31 in the boat. The rain and temp drop could change things but never know.

woody-1961
    Menomonie,Wi

The big girls are starting to show up the way it sounds, I talk to a guy at work that put a 33 and a 31 in the boat. The rain and temp drop could change things but never know.

He needs to pick up some lottery tickets too!!!

Mike Klein
    Hastings, MN

I would like to see the pictures on a board. I can’t Remember a 33 ever on the river even 30″ are a rare. But I have a few. I sure they were nice fish but seem like a story. I know most of the guys that fish a lot and it is highly unlikely. Not trying to bash anyone just from a lot of time and experience.

Chevelle
    Wisconsin

What is the highest water level you have successfully fished in?

Mike Klein
    Hastings, MN

When the water was On the floor of everts bait shop

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

The day the ramp was opened back up. Would of been out sooner but all the ramps where flooded.

river rat randy
    Hager City WI

I would like to see the pictures on a board. I can’t Remember a 33 ever on the river even 30″ are a rare. But I have a few. I sure they were nice fish but seem like a story. I know most of the guys that fish a lot and it is highly unlikely. Not trying to bash anyone just from a lot of time and experience.

….I have been on and around the Big Creek all my life. An I am NO spring chicken. But Butt I have never seen or heard of a certified 33 inch Walleye On this river. Not that there hasn’t been one or more 33. I don’t know about one. JUST SAYING. … Has anyone here ever seen a 33 inch or know about one.?? … rrr

Tyler Schulz

Il see what I can do about those pictures. Iv got a 28.5 on the wall and I’m 30 and Iv spent most of my life chasing walleyes in pool 4. Iv seen some big girls cought but, trust me I thought it was a joke myself.

Tyler Schulz

I grew up in Red Wing. Most of the walleye fishing I ever did was in spring threw fall. Lead line or planner boards. I’m New to the vert jig at the dam. Iv never had much luck up there myself.

Tyler Schulz

I haven’t fished much in the last 5 yrs. But I guess getting married and having kids slowed that up a little. Iv got a itch and need to scratch it. If anyone’s gotta empty seat in the boat let me know….

buschman
    Pool 2

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Mike Klein wrote:</div>

….I have been on and around the Big Creek all my life. An I am NO spring chicken. But Butt I have never seen or heard of a certified 33 inch Walleye On this river. Not that there hasn’t been one or more 33. I don’t know about one. JUST SAYING. … Has anyone here ever seen a 33 inch or know about one.?? … rrr

The biggest I have ever seen was just over 32. Seen a couple 31’s also but they were all post spawn fish on P2. The biggest I have heard of was 32 inches in the late fall that went over 14 lbs. This was put on a scale and confirmed by a very trustworthy guy that many of you would know. I cant speak much for P4. Lots of true 30’s over they years but those are not in the same class as a 32 in my opinion.. I would have a heart attach if I caught a prespawn 33. I would never rule the possibility out but don’t expect to ever see one in my boat. Would sure like to though.

Tyler Schulz

So. I wanna set the record straight, so I’m not named the idiot of the outdoors in here. I wanted to produce the pictures of these fish. So I asked the guy to send them to me. After I asked, suddenly the 33 turned into a 30, and the 31 into a 29. Ok so I seen the pics, they are big females, but I guess as fishermen, wev all been guilty of telling storys.

Tyler Schulz

Any predictions for the weekend bite ? With the snow coming in Thursday and temps in the mid 40s this weekend.
    This might sound funny, I did some night crawler hunting the other night. They are out. Would it be worth drifting crawler harnesses in shallow water ? Or pulling 3 way rigs with floaters?

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

On P7, Scott and I dialed in a couple seams that had fished stacked up on them. Pitching hair, few plastics, and Live target Gizzard Shad – I don’t recall the exact stage, but gates were pulled, river was puking, parking lot was flooding, water rushing through the trees. Guess the flow was about 100K CFM, possibly more.

Attachments:
    1. DSCN5965.jpg

2. DSCN6002.jpg

Jim K
    Mpls, Mn

Nice fish guys.
    On the first shot it looks like you are using a high viz line. That looks like something this old guy could see easily. What brand line is it?

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Nice fish guys.
    On the first shot it looks like you are using a high viz line. That looks like something this old guy could see easily. What brand line is it?

It’s Cajun Red Braid – Hard to see at times and NOT hi-Vis. No longer made. When they sold out, I bought a crap load of it. Love the stuff, but it didn’t sell through well in the midwest because of a lack of advertising.

Jim K
    Mpls, Mn

Hate it when these companies come out with a great product and then discontinue it. Many years ago, I use to buy the pink fireline, which was a high viz, and I could see that so well, but they discontinued it. Haven’t found a decent hi viz braid since.

milemark_714

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Chevelle wrote:</div>

On P7, Scott and I dialed in a couple seams that had fished stacked up on them. Pitching hair, few plastics, and Live target Gizzard Shad – I don’t recall the exact stage, but gates were pulled, river was puking, parking lot was flooding, water rushing through the trees. Guess the flow was about 100K CFM, possibly more.

That was a fun time,and the debris was not bad.When they pull the gates,sometimes the debris is really bad and hard to get a clean retrieve.At least the case at P7.

My personal best is a fish I caught by the Ona spillway years ago.Fish taped out at just over 33″,but only weighed just under 7lbs.Big head with a snake pike body.Would have loved to caught that one in it’s prime.

nord

Tyler,you know what they say about fishermen. If their lips are moving, they are lying. whistling whistling

Tyler Schulz

That’s for sure….was suppose to go fishing with my boss Saturday but never got a phone call.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.