Here’s a fish story for ya

• phishingruven
    tip of the mitten

So, i was out fishing on tuesday. The perch were bitting pretty good. Was using a tickle stick with 2lb mono. Had a tungsten jig baited with a perch minnow. I got a big bite and set the hook. Drag started going and line was spooling out. Took me a couple of minutes fighting the fish and finally got the head in the hole. It was a decent sized pike. As i was getting ready to reach down and pull the pike from the hole, my line snapped and the fish was slipping back down the hole. I reached down into the water and grabbed it and pulled it back topside of the ice. I wanted my jig! Ended up with a 25 inch pike!. So i tie my jig back on and go back to catching perch. About half an hour later, i get another decent bite and set the hook. Line breaks and my jig is gone. ( About a minute later, my buddy catches a dandy perch. And wouldn’t you know it, that perch had my jig and minnow stuffed down its gullet! Once again, i got my jig back! I couldn’t believe it. 2 times that day i had lost that jig and got it back. Guess its a lucky jig!.

True story

big_g
    Isle, MN

Nice ! One time I (thanks to my sister) lost a very nice rod & reel set up down the hole in 40 fow… about 4 hours later I caught a walleye on a rattle reel… that caught the line that was attached to my rod and reel ! Score ! lol

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Nice ! One time I (thanks to my sister) lost a very nice rod & reel set up down the hole in 40 fow… about 4 hours later I caught a walleye on a rattle reel… that caught the line that was attached to my rod and reel ! Score ! lol

I had similar. We were fishing red and a buddy walked in to our shack and drank a beer with us. As he was in there I caught a walleye that came up with a ton of loose line and a jig in his mouth. Ended up pulling that same buddies rod in from 150 feet away where his rod was sat on a bucket with its spool open. His kid never even realized it was taken and fell in the hole. We all had a good laugh, best part I only hooked the line so I caught the fish by a pure fluke

Red Eye

The question is how much did your buddy charge you to get your lucky jig back? Lucky jigs aint cheap.

Hard Water Fan
    Shieldsville

The question is how much did your buddy charge you to get your lucky jig back? Lucky jigs aint cheap.

I was thinking the same.

phishingruven
    tip of the mitten

He gave it back at no charge. Great guy!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.