Helping an IDO'er in Need!!!

• BigWerm
    SW Metro

I don’t really know Josh Bullivant, other than meeting him at the IDO Leech Lake get together, and interacting with him on here. But saw his wife and family are going through some tough times right now. If you are in a position to chip in some cash, positive thoughts or prayers to help them out, I know it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

https://www.gofundme.com/rachel-bullivant-cost-for-care

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

Thanks for posting this. Prayers and help sent. God Bless their lovely family.

David Blais

Thanks for bringing this to attention. I dont know them, but like to help!

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Prayers go out to his wife and their family. It’s a hard time but with prayers they will pull through.

bobberstop4054

Family and myself were just up at trappers for a week in merit cabin # 11 on August 5! They both go so far out of their way to make sure you are having a GREAT TIME! No kidding best resort to stay at anywhere we have been, they put your boat in and tie up for you when u arrive and take it out for u on the day of departure. Not to mention Josh comes around every evening and starts your campfire. And on and on These kids are the real deal guys! Give them a hand if you can

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Lil help sent his way, best of wishes.

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

Josh took good care of us on Leech last fall, glad to pay something back!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Josh has been around Ido for a good long time.

Just another friend I haven’t met yet.

mbenson
    Minocqua, WI

Josh has been around Ido for a good long time.

Just another friend I haven’t met yet.

Talked with him during one of the last two winters…

X 2 BK!!!

Jonesy

Is she going to be ok?

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Just a bump because by all accounts these are good people.

bobberstop4054

Myself and others wonder why they didn’t have health insurance? Josh and Rachel are the two top people running a multi multi million dollar resort! Pretty sad to me

Jonesy

Saw she was released from the hospital. That’s good to hear.

mbenson
    Minocqua, WI

Myself and others wonder why they didn’t have health insurance? Josh and Rachel are the two top people running a multi multi million dollar resort! Pretty sad to me

As one of those uninsured prior to a few years ago, sometimes in life there are expenses that need to be cut… Don’t know their circumstance, but suffice it to say, I was there 7 or 8 years ago. Economy stunk, trying to cut the “right” expenses to enable other espenses (which happened to include other insurances) to be covered, the company doesn’t offer insurance to its best people… and I am sure there are many reasons that I didn’t list.

Is it sad, yep, but in the world we live in its not surprising to me at all. Another well know fishing personality was fighting this issue. Don’t know how it worked out for him, but I am betting that there are many more where they can’t afford it, spouse’s job doesn’t offer it and there ya are… Can’t get on state aid or too proud to get on state aid, lots of people up here in my neck of the woods are in the same boat.

We surmise that there are people dying early deaths here in the north because of the unaffordability of insurance and the high costs of healthcare.

Mark

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Sounds like Josh’s wife Rachel has been diagnosed with Epilepsy. She has been released and they have a long road ahead of them with trips to the cities for additional testing. Whether they had Health Insurance or not (I’d be disappointed in Trapper’s if they didn’t offer it too), a hospital stay like this is a huge financial drain. Thanks to anyone who helped or can help out.

Its been a while since I have been here. I want to say thank you to everyone for the get well wishes and everyone who donated to help us out. The owners of the resort have helped out us out a ton. Rachel was diagnosed with epilepsy and will be out this fall at the resort so that we can get some more testing. It was a scary incident especially the first seizure that lasted a good amount of time. She will be going down this week to the U of M Epilepsy center for some testing and hopefully get everything dialed in, fingers crossed for this. Thank you everyone for the prayers hoping this week will have some better answers and get her on the right road to control the seizures. Thank you.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.