Helix 9 MEGA Live Ice Bundle Assembly and Questions

• Jeff Sevcik

I recently purchased this bundle and man, I would consider myself fairly competent following directions, but this thing took me about 4 hours to piece together. Humminbird could do a much better job with the assembly directions simply by adding some illustrations, labeling the names of the parts that come in several different baggies, etc. Not here to rant and I ALSO KNOW I should contact Humminbird directly, but I thought I’d get some “in the field” expertise by asking my questions here from those who have this unit or assembled it:

1. Where’s the plug-in charging cord for the 20V lithium battery? Mine didn’t come with one. Is this a mistake or am I supposed to purchase this separately?

2. The manual “recommends” a separate on/off power switch be added to the MEGA Live transducer. Otherwise it says, the battery might be drained prematurely if the MEGA Live transducer is constantly “running” (my word). My question: What kind of switch would this be?

3. I saw a video that Jason Halpern did assembling the Helix Ice Bundle and he added a separate battery terminal connector that had an extra terminal on both the positive and negative sides. That way, he was able to recharge the battery without having to unplug the female connectors from the battery terminals, and instead just used the charger’s alligator clips (which I didn’t receive) to the secondary terminals on the battery. Does anyone know where I can get such a part?

Thanks for your help!
    Jeff

Carl

Did you get it with Helix 9 ? Mine came with all you mentioned.

Carl

Those connecters can be had at any auto parts store or fleet farm

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

I just purchased the Ice Helix 9 Mega live bundle from Reeds. Put it together this week. A little daunting at first, but wasn’t too bad. Mine came with everything you mention. The pig tail for the battery and the charger were packed in the same box as the battery. It came with a wiring harness with shutoff switch and 3 fused power cables.

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

I would call Humminbird. Their customer service is very good.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.