Helix. 7

• hoytpower
    buffalo county, wi

Looking at getting a helix 7. Pros cons? Would like to get the all season pack, but would aslo like the down or side imaging vs just the multi color chirp sonar, but i dont think its an option. Any one know if its possible?

Jamin
    Hudson, WI

You’ll have to buy the regular summer kit and then the winter kit to get DI/SI.

Helix for ice have been discussed on here a lot the last two years. The search function will bring up enough to keep you busy for quite a while.

Kevin Cegielski

I went to northwest Ontario this August to a remote fly-in. Prior to leaving, I bought a Helix 7 with Chirp and DI. I converted it into a portable pack, so I could use it in a small outpost boat. It was a game changer! I loved it and was worth the spend. I am a very avid ice fisherman aslo. I live and fish mostly in western WI. (star prairie area) When I got home, I ordered the Ice kit for it. The ice kit comes with the ice ducer, soft pack and everything you need. I have the Ontario chip and now have the WI chip too. I can’t wait to try it out this winter. You can message me privately if you like. The unit is very nice. My plan is to use it most for knowing where I am on the lake, and how deep the water is without drilling a hole. I have no regrets.!

DWSDave31
    Southern WI

I just got the DI Helix 7 as well but would like to see some peoples Ice setups for it! Looking forward to the maps this winter!

turkeynate
    Iowa

Go with a shuttle under it! You won’t be sorry! I’m a big Vexilar guy but ran the Helix last season and fell in love with it.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_4108.jpg

canoebasser
    St. Paul, MN

Go with a shuttle under it! You won’t be sorry! I’m a big Vexilar guy but ran the Helix last season and fell in love with it.

turkeynate – is that the first gen Helix 7? How does it do with other brand units around?

weedis
    Sauk Rapids, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>turkeynate wrote:</div>

turkeynate – is that the first gen Helix 7? How does it do with other brand units around?

I got the Gen 2 last year and I love it. I had no issues being around other electronics although I do believe the Gen 1 had some issues but it didn’t have the interference rejection settings that the gen 2 has. I am going to upgrade to a lithium battery this year though. I would like to get a little more battery life out of it, not that it was horrible.It did take a little time to get it dialed in as far as settings but wasn’t a big issue for me. I also see Hummingbird added cord management accessories to this year’s model, which will be nice. I highly recommend these units.

AaronMoore

How hard would it be to use this model if your a newbie to these type of flashers? do you need to reset it evertime if your hole hopping? and how are they in the sun (able to see the screen)? I do like the graph mode from what I’ve seen on youtube

Mat Peirce
    Inactive
    SE Iowa

in sun, excellent – best sun visible screen out there

Once you have them dialed in you really don’t have to change much. Adjust sensitivity as needed. The best thing to do (imo) is to manually set the max depth, displayed depth and displayed top end. Adjusting max depth is essentially adjusting the gain

turkeynate
    Iowa

It’s a Gen2 Chirp unit. Haven’t had any issues with other units.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.