• Steve Hix
    Dysart, Iowa

No mater who wins.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Good game. Worth watching.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Good game. Crowd didn’t seem into it though. Felt a little underwhelming. Entertaining game though. Foles looks like he did when he almost won MVP that year. I wonder if a team who was willing to run the read option with him would offer the world in a trade.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

Worst Superbowl to take place. I would have rather seen the packers.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Terrible game. Literally, one play short of a defense-free Superbowl. Neither team made a single stop except for the Q4 Pats turnover that decided the game.

But fantastic organizing effort and Minnesota came off looking great, IMO.

Now the only question mark to me was the money there? Was the spend and the economic bounce really what was promised? How did the local businesses do and how did the workers do?

A friend of my wife’s is a GM at a near-MOA hotel. She said they were 100% full and have been since last weekend. The bar has been pouring drinks like there was no tomorrow, but the restaurant had been slow, possibly due to corporate hospitality events that almost always included dinners. Shuttle traffic to the MOA was full every bus since Thursday.

I very much hope this translates into a big payoff for the businesses and workers.

Grouse

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

I thought it was a good game and the better team won. Does Dan Patrick have Parkinson’s?

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Lots of religious football players out there. tongue

Good game though. Commercials we’re below par.

Wife was hoping Pat’s would win, she’s working their after-party and figured the tips be flowing good after a W. toast

Pete S

I think the only thing timberlake said was “Minneapolis” twice, other than that what did he do exactly except run around with a microphone. vikes fans thought keenum was a good story…wow, happy for Nick foles and ex-pack Pederson, the man has some serious stones

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

There’s a winner and a loser in every game. The Pats defense certainly didn’t come to this game with any indication that they could control Phil’s offense. The second quarter was played better than the first by the Pats but a Super Bowl has to have that kind of play during the whole game. Both teams started off sour what with the kickers on both sides. If the Pats kicker had been on target in the first half, at one point in the second half I think they’d have been up by 4 and that maybe could have been a bit of drive. The Eagles were hungry and they fed well. Congrats to the winners.

rmartin
    United States

A real defensive struggle.

Morel King
    PLAINVIEW MN

Halftime show left a little to be desired , I’m on the fence about it i thought Justin timberland did a good performance but mostly just a dance routine It was hard to understand a lot of his music he was lip syncing . Game was everything i wanted a close Finnish just wish Brady wouldn’t have got strip sacked and could’ve led the pats to his 6th Lombardi trophy

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Thought that was a great game and show. The whole week has been fantastic. MN hosted a fantastic super bowl. Would of liked to seen the Pats destroy the eagles but guess will have to settle for the eagles fans destroying their own town.

JT did not lip sync his show. My girls and many other local dancers and performers spent a lot of hours rehearsing that show the last two weeks. They had nothing but great things to say about him and his group. Only part that was pipe in was the UofM marching band music that they had to do for some reason. Lots of local young people got to be involved with something yesterday that they will remember for a very long time and did a fantastic job of representing MN.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

The lights synced for the Prince tribute was freaking awesome.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Was it just me or did it seem like the eagles just took this game a lot more seriously than the Pats? The Patriots sure did not looked crushed that they lost. Completely understandable under the circumstances.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

It was an entertaining 4 hours, that’s for sure. Sure there wasn’t any defense to speak of but it make for a very entertaining game for the casual fan. The halftime show I thought was really good. It was hard to hear JT even on tv, but overall it was a very good show.

My wife and I went out for a belated birthday dinner on Saturday night to the Nook. She got pretty sick over her birthday two weeks ago so we never made it out.

We were really considering avoiding anywhere in the city limits to avoid the SB crowd. Glad we didn’t.

We were practically sharing a table with these guys.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_5358.jpg

2. IMG_5357.jpg

philtickelson
    Inactive
    Mahtomedi, MN

Was it just me or did it seem like the eagles just took this game a lot more seriously than the Pats? The Patriots sure did not looked crushed that they lost. Completely understandable under the circumstances.

When most teams lose the super bowl it’s heartbreaking, who knows when you will get another opportunity you know?

When the patriots lose they just have to wait 12 months for another shot…

I think I saw a stat on TV that said this game had more offense than ANY GAME IN NFL HISTORY.

That’s insane, 1 punt all game..

BigWerm
    SW Metro

and February Ram sales plumit to record lows in MN…LOL

I just had a buddy send me that commercial, I don’t think that aired in MSP, but as a Vikings fan you have to laugh or you’ll go crazy so didn’t bother me. lol

I usually don’t like the shootouts, but that was just great offense on both sides. Doug Pedersen is an amazing offensive coach to do what he did to Zimmer and the Vikes and then to the greatest defensive mind of all time in Belichick is super impressive. Hats off to the iggles, hopefully their fans leave Assembly hall and the Liberty bell alone, while burning their town down.

pool2fool
    Inactive
    St. Paul, MN

I thought for a few minutes they had put the Packers D on the field for both teams, the tackling was just… ugh. It’s fun to watch a back-and-forth game like that but I would’ve liked to have seen it back-and-forth on both sides of the ball with some key stops on 3rd down here and there.

In my opinion the Eagles’ ability to mix in a successful run game made them the better team last night. Doug Pederson called a heck of a game and didn’t leave many opportunities out there.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

A real defensive struggle.

They both stole the Vikings playbook.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

That Viking Ram commercial is pretty ballsy. In retrospect, I think it’s pretty funny and my hats off to Ram.

SuperDave1959
    Harrisville, UT

I thought that the flag football Pro Bowl was last week? Both DC’s sucked! Lol! I was on the edge of my seat at the end.

primitive
    Davenport, Iowa

It’s hard to nit-pick that game with two of the best teams leaving it all out on the field. 878 passing yards, 1,151 yards rushing, nothing boring about that game. Half time all the men did guy stuff, get drinks, snack, and pd. Only the ladies watched the singing and dancing stuff.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

That’s insane, 1 punt all game..

Really? When was that and who punted? I totally missed that, I thought there wasn’t a punt all game.

I liked the Prince tribute with the lights, I thought that was very cool.

Was anybody downtown or at the MOA this weekend? Was it crazy in the restaurants and malls? Were prices jacked way up?

I’m just hoping that this produced the economic boom that all the organizers implied it would. A lot of future events are going to reference this Superbowl as evidence to either go after them or to stay away, so I hope the payoff was there.

With the infrastructure and attractions we have in this state, we could go after a lot more events, but the payoff has to be there.

Grouse

Dan
    Southeast MN

Grouse-

One of that the guys I worked security at the game with yesterday said every restaurant he’s been to recently had newly printed menus with higher prices, and from what I’ve heard most restaurants were full most of the time. I have no idea what the final numbers will be but I’m sure most small and medium businesses around here are thankful the game was here.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

I’ve heard of some guys in the light commercial construction sector say months prior they we’re swamped with making some quick “facials” to hotels, restaurants, etc. New carpet, new drapes, spoof this up here, there, etc.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Was anybody downtown or at the MOA this weekend? Was it crazy in the restaurants and malls? Were prices jacked way up?

I avoided both like the plague, but have lots of friends and clients that live and work in the areas. It was packed everywhere for the whole week in MSP and MOA, and a lot of restaurants had “Super Bowl” menu’s with significant increases in pricing. And the big name places (Manny’s, Oceannaire, Murray’s) were booked up for private events all week. Seems all the fishing guides on Tonka and Prior Lake areas were busy with ice fishing getting a lot of features. I have no idea how they could ever track the true economic impact (AirBNB, Uber/Lyft, overall PR etc.), but from everything I’ve read and heard MN and MSP came off as great hosts.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Also, I’ve heard a # of stories that the Minneapolis Eagle was very busy as Eagle’s fans were flocking there thinking it was a Philadelphia Bar…

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Who pays for all the security? That alone had to be in the tens of millions for costs.

Rumors say the NFL does but would like a definitive answer.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.