Heading up tonight until sunday.

• Jonesy

Heading up tonight will be staying at Northland Lodge on the south shore of the main lake. Weather looks hit and miss and cold. Hoping we can still slam some fish though!

I will write a report/story when I get back

Deuces

Temps this am 55. Brutal fishing.

Threw chubs, suckers, fatheads, shiners, rainbows, crawlers, jiggin raps, rippin raps, red chart orange and plain hooks, spinners on BB, first break cranks, second break cranks, floating jigheads, slip bobbers, every color jig you can imagine and caught one eye on a #6 orange hook with a leech.

Pays off to enjoy the colors which are wonderful, and a good drink while out there for us last 2 days.

Talked to a guide before we left, him and 4 other guides yesterday boated one walleye. Hope it turns around for ya.

brentbullets

Sitting here at Trappers Landing now. Didn’t fish today, decided to drive through forests and go into Walker. Fished Monday and Tuesday and didn’t boat a walleye. First time on lake so I am a rookie here but not a novice walleye fisherman. Good to hear it wasn’t just me and the wife who got skunked but not happy to hear. We are leaving in morning as planned but have booked for the last full week of September next year.

Severe thunderstorms and lightning on Sunday night, our first night here, fog on Monday and high about 60. Yesterday cold front hit, high of about 49 with a very good chop on the water. Today I think it might of hit 45. Water is definitely cooling down.

Jonesy please post up report when you get back.

chomps
    Sioux City IA

Will be making it up Friday and Saturday. Trying for perch first in Portage Bay, then try some crappie action SE corner if we strike out on perch. Best of luck

Deuces

Any reports, heading up shortly.

Peter Moller

I’ll be there late Saturday evening through Tuesday. Hope it gets better soon, but another cold front is coming.

Walleyeguy34

Was up last weekend and the bite was pretty good on the east side around bear island. We pulled up to a group of about 20 boats and everyone was slaying them on jig and minnow or live bait rig in 4 to 17 FOW. We stayed near pine point and fishing was tough near there and only managed to pull out a few near goose island. Every morning we ended up putting the boat on the trailer and moving to calmer water as travel on the big lake was less than ideal.

Deuces

Fish are stacked on sugar and battle points right now, good luck getting em to bite during the day though. With wind today alot of dirty water getting pushed around, find the clean to get bit. All our fish came after sunset.

Stickbaits on shorelines got a couple bigguns at night 5-6′

Deuces

15-17′ today. Parrot colored jigs. Some on snap, others on drag.

Real good morning.

Biggun for the last couple days

Attachments:
    1. 32650.jpeg

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.