Heading to Lake Francis case this weekend for the first time.

• Matt Klug
    Sauk Rapids MN

Like the title says we are heading to Francis case this weekend for the first time and I’m just wondering if anyone has a report as of late? Or possible some tips and info. Thanks in advance.

snelson223
    Austin MN

Where are you staying?

Matt Klug
    Sauk Rapids MN

In chamberlain somewhere. My buddy booked the room I’m bringing the rig.

riverrookie
    Kasson, MN

Stop at Allen’s hillside and buy your minnows and he’ll give you a great report. Plan to jig vertical, pull light bottom bouncers and lead core with #5 flicker Shads and shad raps. He’ll have the tackle you need if don’t already have it.

Matt Klug
    Sauk Rapids MN

Isn’t there any shallow fish to be had? Unless they are getting big mommas out deep I would prefer to pitch the banks and fish shallow. It’s just a heck of a lot more fun to me than pulling lead core. But what ever it takes to get on the fish! Thanks for the tip!

woody-1961
    Menomonie,Wi

We use to run upstream and fish the mouth of crow creek. Watch out for all the trees in the water and just below the surface. There were allot of smaller fish in that system when I was fishing it a few years ago. Long ways to travel for the size of fish…… Just sayin.

Matt Klug
    Sauk Rapids MN

Well I guess it’s a good thing the bite is slow everywhere else and that it’s going to be 75 degrees out there while you are fishing in upper 30s haha. Thanks for the info though! (;

G-raff

How did you end up doing out there, we are headed out in a couple weeks and have never been there. Just looking for any tips or advise. Thanks

Matt Klug
    Sauk Rapids MN

Well we ended up catching plenty of fish. But as Soddy said the quality is not impressive haha. Lots of short fish. Covered a ton of water trying to find some bigger fish but they were all in that 12-14 inch range. I ended up stopping in the glacial lakes region on Sunday and did really well. I would suggest fishing there instead of the river.

Steve Gildersleeve

We fish this body of water 3-4 times a year and I grew up not far from it. The quality has seemed to decrease proportionally to the number of resorts, bait shops, trailer courts/camper sites and boats on the water. Believe me, I am not opposed to development at all but at some point the state may need to step in and adjust harvest on this system. I am not, by any means, a biologist (and i don’t play one on TV) and I’m sure there are a lot of factors in play here. But Im thinking length and limits hasn’t been adjusted in some time on this water body, it may be due.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.