A few images from the weekend

• whittsend

I was more interested in fishing this weekend than screenshots, so some of these aren’t as nice as I’d like, but you get the idea…

1. This image was taken coming out of a turn or doing something goofy, so the bottom half is a little weird. I believe most of these white marks are fish, and probably walleyes based on what I have caught here in the past. No fish caught in this spot that day, though.
    2. I believe this is what is left of an old train bridge that crossed the river in what is now lake Wissota. Everything is underwater, there are no protruding identifying markers.
    3. Obvious cribs
    4. Cribs, sunken boat that Jason previously ID’d
    5. On plane, came up suddenly into the shallows, backed off on the speed and got a good image of a couple of dropoffs and an emerging cabbage bed.
    6. Suspended (large) fish!!
    7. Steep drop with a few possible walleyes along the base.
    8. Nice high riding mark on the left side.
    9. 2D at 42 mph
    10. View of bridge supports, etc…
    11. Same bridge supports, going the other direction.

Mike

jhalfen

Cool screenshots Mike.

Image 2 is the same thing I presumed to be the old RR bridge…you’ve got a very nice picture of it.

The last two pics are really neat. Check out the detail on that old iron work!

reddog

Looks like you drilled the setup Mike! Nice shots.

Rather than starting another post, I thought Id add a few of my weekend shots here, if thats alright.

Here is an image as I was going under a bridge with concrete pilings.

Here is some images of the dredging operation going on in the marina.

Anybody know what these could be?

Or this?

Anybody know what this orange box means in this gps screen?

whittsend

not sure about the orange box. I really like the “pointer” arrow that they put on the GPS screen, though. Really helps to keep heading in a straight line/the right direction.

That second to last picture on the left side resembles something I’d rather not hook into while fishing.. Any bodies go missing on that waterway recently??

What are all those dots/lines in the first image? anchor skid/hop marks???

whittsend

How do you get the large images to show up (instead of the smaller images that only show when you mouse over them). Cut and paste into the message body?? Those larger images are waaaay easier to see the details…

jhalfen

Those are images imported from an outside server like Photobucket.

We tend to favor images loaded using IDO’s photo import software, for two reasons:

1. Photobucket images stretch the screen and goof up the formatting.

2. When photobucket goes down (as it does with some regularity), then the PB images displayed on IDO disappear as well.

whittsend

If (using IDO’s uploader) I only upload one image at a time (one image per post), it usually posts a little bigger.. Correct? Could do it that way as well.

A suggestion for the upload tool. For times when you want to upload more than one photo, it would be handy to be able to just select the photos you want, with out having to browse and update after each photo… Browse once, select all that wish to upload (using Ctrl + mouse click or something), and then update once for multiple images per batch. (Instead of having to browse, select, upload, browse, select, upload, browse, select, upload, etc…) Might be easier/faster to upload then. Not sure if this is possible, but a suggestion anyway…

Mike

kris_brantner
    My river

wow those dredging pictures are cool as heck! i cant wait till they start on the river to see if i can pick that up

reddog

Like Jason said, they are imported from my photo hosting site, Image Event. I dont save any images to my computer hard drive. I save them all to Image event albums.

Does this size image screw up the format for anyone, because I dont have to scroll left and right to see the whole image?

I dont know what the dots are on the bottom of the first picture. This was a recently dredged area, anbd it couldve been a post that the dredge drove down to maintain position?

You were thinking the same thing I was thinking on the item of the left. I zoomed it several times on my computer, and each time I couldnt say what it was for sure. It was my first time on that body of water.

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Quote:

Like Jason said, they are imported from my photo hosting site, Image Event. I dont save any images to my computer hard drive. I save them all to Image event albums.

Does this size image screw up the format for anyone, because I dont have to scroll left and right to see the whole image?

I dont know what the dots are on the bottom of the first picture. This was a recently dredged area, anbd it couldve been a post that the dredge drove down to maintain position?

You were thinking the same thing I was thinking on the item of the left. I zoomed it several times on my computer, and each time I couldnt say what it was for sure. It was my first time on that body of water.

Reddog, It probably has something to do with monitor size. Of course I’ve got a 24″ monitor here at work and a 17″ laptop and it doesn’t mess with either of those monitors. Of course I use Firefox instead of Internet Explorer. Internet Explorer sucks compared to Firefox.

I don’t store any pics on my computer either. I store most on an external hard drive at home or on photobucket.

ottomatica
    Lino Lakes, MN

There should be an increased size for images in the SI Forum IMO or a way to link to the original size photo.

Another reason why I like uploaded images onto IDO is that sites like PhotoBucket are blocked at work so I can’t see them.

whittsend

Weird… It let me upload .PNG images yesterday, but not today… hmmmmm

Anyway, I was looking at this image a little closer.. I got to realizing that a lot of the cribs in this lake are 8 foot square, as Jason mentioned in his sunken boat thread. If that is true of this crib, then this fish is friggin huge! I realize that it is suspended a ways up, so the fish sonar return might appear bigger compared to a further object like the crib on the bottom.. I know you probably can’t just compare apples to apples size-wise in this screenshot… But still… Big fish!!! Musky I assume?? Big sturgeon and cats in this lake, too, but not sure if it would be riding that high?? Cool!!!

whittsend

Quote:

There should be an increased size for images in the SI Forum IMO or a way to link to the original size photo.

Another reason why I like uploaded images onto IDO is that sites like PhotoBucket are blocked at work so I can’t see them.

Good suggestion..??? Have you tried pm’ing james or some of the other guys who run the site??

You’ve got some nice pics, either way!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.