Big Chip musky report

• dpomann
    Sartell,MN

The last three days been filming for the final shoot of my Flowage Muskies DVD. It went well, monday morning, 5 minutes into the day, our sucker went nuts, and tyler treland set the hook on a fat 45 1/2 incher. we then fished the rest of the day, and at about 1 pm, I set the hook on a fish, got a head shake out of it, and lost it, so that sucked. The fish that day were on top of the spots, we had the boat in like 4 feet of water, and all of our action was on suckers.

Tuesday was slow, had about a mid 40 inch fish follow a squirko, but didn’t eat a sucker, that was it for the day.

Then today we lost a nice on at about 10:30 on a sucker, never saw it, but it was heavy and stayed on the bottom. then about an hour later, had smaller musky grab a sucker and we missed it when we set the hook, it was ok though it was small. about an hour after that got about a 36 incher in the boat on a sucker on a weed edge, and about an hour after that got another one about 37 inches. not a bad day, especially since we were done at 2:30 today!

Water temps are dropping after a cold night last night, they are in the mid to upper 50’s now.

Good luck,
    Tanner Wildes

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

What a hog Tanner!

Hey, what kind of line do you normally use?

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

Excellent!

dpomann
    Sartell,MN

Brian,
    For line I use Cortland Master braid in 80 pound test, best musky line out there, I think!!

Tanner

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.