Birchwood,Wi. area report..

• sivee
    Hudson,Wi. Locked out/ Croix

Was able to take friday off work and head up north for 3 days of fishing,and i was glad i did

I met up with a local guide friday a.m. and he put me on a shallow hump surrounded by deep water all the way around.I got set up and had a northern iced while jiggn for the red marks that were all over the Marcum.

It was slow but steady until sunset and then the action started to pick up.

I caught perch, northerns, smallmouth, and at sunset walleyes.Most were caught on jiggn fat rap, with walleyes on tip ups and small suckers ..

Sat. the relatives all showed up and we had a get together on the ice, it was fun and we caught a variety of fish like i did on friday.The weather was great!

I enjoyed my last walleye weekend up north for the 2010 season, now it’s time to get ready for the boat (F.Y.B)

deertracker

It’s always more fun when the weather cooperates. Sounds like a fun time.
    DT

Ron Johnsen
    Platteville wi

Thanks for the report

VSRangerMan
    Chippewa Falls,WI

Looks like a beauty of a day to be on the Birchwood area chain. The multi specie fishing opportunities is what makes this area saweeeeeet. Nice looking jumbo! The bite on those babies in the area your in should be just getting better in the weeks to come! A friend of mine has a house just over your shoulder in a couple pics. Looking forward to getting up in the Birchwood area again soon. Thanks for priming the pump! The tough part is deciding to fish the river this time of year or head to the northwoods. Decisions,decisions… Again nice job on the multi-species action.

rangerforme

I was up in that area all weekend too, hammered the crappies, what a great area. Great panfishing in pretty much all the lakes around there. Got into a bunch of 11.5-13.5 inch crappies suspended over deep water in the middle of the day, all day long. Diamond jigs and gulp fish fry were the ticket.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.