hard case suggestions

• Bruce Keister

Looking for a hard case to store four rods and mabie a small tackle box, really like the otter case but it’s pretty spendy,thought about a plano take down shotgun case but have heard you have to fold the reels down and don’t wanna have to do that,do you have to fold the reels down in the otter? Looking for other ideas what do you have guys.

Alex browne

Plano all weather case. Best investment for keeping rods safe.

Attachments:
    1. 4470206_11.jpg

Kent Tau

Yes you should fold the handles down on the otter. If you need a reason to buy the otter.. refer to the post about recent accident with the otter case. In the end you’ll be glad you own one. Everyone I know that buys an alternative to the otter case wished they never did.

Andy Fiolka
    Boise, Idaho

I’ve only owned the Otter case, they are worth every penny. I have Shimano Sienna 500 reels on all of my TUCR’s and I never fold my reel handles down.

scmelik
    South Dakota

I got an Otter for Christmas this year and I really like it. It feels much more durable than the Frabill case that I had been using, and like Andy mentioned I do not have to fold the handles down on my Siennas on a normal day. That being said I absolutely HATE the latches on the Otter, I really wish that they would upgrade those to something a little more heavy duty, I haven’t had any issues with them yet and I have never heard anyone having any issues but they feel a little weak and flimsy to me.

curleytail

I have been using a Flambeau Tactical case. Inexpensive, solid, and I can fit 5 or 6 rods in it, depending on the lenght of all of them. Have to fold the handles down on my spinning reels though.

Tucker

ndrangerguy
    West Fargo, ND

Plano tactical rifle case. Almost any tactical rifle case will work. Perfect length, water tight, and indestructible.

Ryan Lommen
    Twin Cities

I use a Frabill case and have no complaints!

Bryan Myers

You can’t go wrong with the Otter rod box! I have put mine through a lot over the years and recently mine survived a rollover and still protected my rods. Very very impressed! I really like that I dont have to fold my handles down either, and when you close the lid they stay were you put them.

Bruce Keister

Plano all weather case. Best investment for keeping
    rods safe.

Alex which model all weather case is that, and does the foam where your rods are come plucked or did you have to do all that yourself

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.