mowing plots

• abster71
    crawford county WI

How often do you guys mow your clover plots or at what height?
    Just mowed mine 3 weeks ago and they are blooming from probable all this rain thinking they should get mowed again. Just looking for some input.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Great questions as I will be planting my first clover plots this Fall!

rvrat
    st cloud,mn

This is my second year on my clover plot thats a bit more then an acre…Ive mowed mine 4 times this year and needs it again…Im never planting clover again as its alot of work…any way I mow it before it blooms or it will fall over and lay flat if it gets too tall…deer will eat it more when its newer growth as its much more palitable to em…come sept the deer should be hitting it enough so you will need no more cutting…have fun…Jay

qdm4life
    Albertville, MN

I mow my only as a weed control measure,Really short about 2 times a season, but my plots are small kill plots that receive alot of pressure and Im wanting the most tonnage possible. I will mow mid june and the beginning of Augest, just dont mow during a drought, not that we will have to worry about that any time soon

bob_bergeson
    cannon falls

I just finished mowing my clover and alfalfa plots for the 1st time This year. I mainly mow for weed control this time of the year. The deer don’t seem to eat much in my plots until august. one thing to remember,every time you mow clover it seems that it heads out at a shorter height. my last mowing of the season in central mn. is about sept. 1st. Thats also when i do my fall fertilizing.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.