Protection from Deer Grazing Pressure

• robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

So has anoyne ever tried anything to help deter the deer from hitting their plots too early or to decrease grazing pressure. As I posted on another post, every year in ND we have a huge issue trying to keep our beans going. The deer wipe them out before they can even grow, even though there is a huge field of beans rigth next to it 200 yards over. They wipe out our food plot first.

Any tips or suggestions? Anyone ever use or have luck using that “Plot Saver” tape stuff or similar tools?

vikefanmn77
    Northfield,MN

Maybe some kinda organic spray??? Theres a spray called deer guard that will last a month or two, though thats probably too long. It contains Bitrex which adheres to plants and tastes poopy.

Kids are on summer break, maybe you could get one to stand there and wave his arms around for a couple weeks…

qdm4life
    Albertville, MN

Last week on growing deer tv they had the people from Gallagher fence out and demonstrated with Grant how they work, pretty sweet deal and way less maintence than the plot savers I may look into one of them!!

bob_bergeson
    cannon falls

You may all get a good laugh out of this, butt for small plots wooden snow fence with an electric fence 2′ from the snow fence will keep the majority of the deer out of your plot. I use snow fence for funneling deer on many properties. the only time i have ever seen a deer jump a wooden snow fence is under extreem pressure.In my experience a deer won’t jump a fence if he can’t see where he is going to land. Thats why the snow fence needs to be wooden and in good shape. when the state puts up a snow fence in the fall you WON’T see a deer deer track crossing that fence, even if it’s 1/4 mile long. If you want to try something thats proven there are several on the market that are highly reccomended by some of the best in the business. good luck keeping them out! when they want something bad enough they tend to find a way to get it!

whitetails4ever
    Rochester, MN

NutriPlot makes a product called Forage Guard. You spray it on your plot and it’ll keep deer off for a few weeks.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Thanks for the tips and info. We will have to see what Paul wants to do. I will report back with any news!

lick

Shoot the deer

Great question Rob I have this problem also

Thanks for the input guys

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.