Gun Control in VA

• Youbetcha
    Anoka County

Our military is spectacularly excellent. Any citizen militia would get erased in a matter of minutes by any of your armed force branches.

Im willing to bet the majority of the people that make up the military would side with the citizens…. just saying whistling

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Mr.Beads wrote:</div>
    Our military is spectacularly excellent. Any citizen militia would get erased in a matter of minutes by any of your armed force branches.

Im willing to bet the majority of the people that make up the military would side with the citizens…. just saying whistling

X2 – If anyone believes that people in the military are going to use their weapons against other citizens including their Family and friends just because some politician orders them to – You are Far crazier than most

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Depends… there was a Civil War where families were on both sides.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

People against the government. Sounds bold and the folks that wrote the Constitution weren’t as bright as experienced. They just finished fighting off the Brits. Might even call them “experts”.

matt

Been hearing alot of the democrats lately talk about upholding the Constitution when it comes to impeaching the president,however when it comes to guns its the complete opposite.Really make ya wonder

Dan
    Southeast MN

Been hearing alot of the democrats lately talk about upholding the Constitution when it comes to impeaching the president,however when it comes to guns its the complete opposite.Really make ya wonder

You could make that argument for both sides. The problem is most people, in our two-party system, pick a side and then go through their life thinking they’re right all the time and the other side is wrong, unconstitutional, etc. I know it’s not the popular thing to do (literally, that’s why elections are the way they are) but you don’t have to identify with one specific party. You can take issues as they come and make your decision without worrying about what “your side” might say or think. You may even find out there are bits from both sides that you agree with.

moustachesteve
    Twin Cities

Dan you’re just being crazy now. We don’t welcome rational thinking in this country!

philtickelson
    Inactive
    Mahtomedi, MN

It’s not left vs. right. It’s rich vs. poor. And the rich are winning, handily.

They love every second that us common-folk fear-monger about gun rights, gay rights, abortion or immigration, because that’s one second those common-folk aren’t figuring out that the rich are getting exponentially richer while our expenses(healthcare, housing, education, child care, etc.) outpace OUR earnings. Most households are 1 medical emergency away from bankruptcy, but please, let’s argue about how magazine capacity or bump stocks or background checks, because THAT is the important thing.

But that’s all worth it as long as I can buy a new gun from Fleet Farm on my lunch break and them drug-dealing foreigners don’t take our jorbs!

For the record, I support the right for someone to own a gun, but it’s become a diversion tactic for politicians that’s working WAY too well.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>matt wrote:</div>

You could make that argument for both sides. The problem is most people, in our two-party system, pick a side and then go through their life thinking they’re right all the time and the other side is wrong, unconstitutional, etc. I know it’s not the popular thing to do (literally, that’s why elections are the way they are) but you don’t have to identify with one specific party. You can take issues as they come and make your decision without worrying about what “your side” might say or think. You may even find out there are bits from both sides that you agree with.

Dan – Not voting straight down party lines use to be rather common. I myself have always voted mixed in most election. Then again elected politicians use to work across party lines to get the right things done. Given that the politicians seem to no longer be willing to work with the other party or vote against their own party – I’m not sure if I can continue to vote a mixed ballot in the future. Its really sad that politics has come to this in our country, but it more or less has.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

One argument I am absolutely tired of hearing. You don’t need a gun like that to hunt.

Papaperch, are you referring to a modern sporting rifle or a handgun when you say you don’t need a gun like that to hunt? If you’re referring to a modern sporting rifle, I think you fail to realize that this particular class of rifles is arguably the most efficient class of rifle out there to hunt coyotes and wild hogs in the south that money can buy. A different class of rifle might still work, but it also might not work as well. Also, people don’t buy them just to hunt either. They buy them because they shoot targets in competition.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Phil – Once again I’m having a hard time following your Thinking. What side is it that you believe is using the gun control debate the most to distract us. is it the left or the right or the Poor or rich???? I tend to believe ( let me know if you think I’m wrong ) that its the so called left leaning side that is bringing up most of the noise on Gun control at this time. I also believe its the left that wants to make the most of the Rich Vs Poor issue. So why would the left want to use gun control issues to distract from the Rich Vs Poor issues ??????

By the way – I don’t really agree with you that’s its a Rich Vs Poor issue / problem at all. There are no shortage of rich people on the Left – At least as far as left politicians go.

I will avoid posting what I believe the true divide is in this country – That would get this post shut down rather quickly and there are far better site’s to post those type of debates on.

Deleted

The few in power are genetically connected, I might even go as far as to say inbred.

Look in the entertainment and big business. Chevy chase was related to Cornelius Vanderbilt, same as Anderson Cooper. Julia Lewis-Dreyfus’s father is a billionaire. The list goes on.

You think the national & even local news reporters don’t have an “in”? Several are related to the upper echelon of Hollywood and big business.

These upper crust types don’t want regular citizens to have guns but they will still have their armed security details.

It took me way to long to figure out how the world really works and it is definitely not set up to benefit the average joe.

papaperch

Interpret my tired of hearing statement differently. It is an argument that anti-gunners use not me. My statement about the 2nd amendment should have clarified that.

As to the militia standing up to the US armed services. Any of you remember Vietnam ? I do as I was there. We won all the battles but lost the war. Afghanistan ring any bells ? Now our longest war we ever fought. Want to bet who the eventual winner is going to be ?

Legend or fact I really don’t know. But during the Vietnam war it was said a Huey gun jockey . Landed his craft and noticed a crossbow bolt stuck in the fuselage. Pilot commented how they expect to win fighting us with primitive weapons. Someone on the scene commented how do you conquer people that are willing to do so ? Food for thought.

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

Anyone want a lemonade infused with ginger ZAZA?
    Lot of venting going on. Discussion is good. I cant interject my thoughts because they have been said. Hope ones listens to each other. Not here to change ones mind.
    Boats I appalligise, be happy to be in the same boat.

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.