Navionics App for Iphone / Ipad

• mallard_militia
    Fulton County, Illinois

Has anyone tried the Navionics App that you can download on your Iphone? I am thinking of taking the $14.99 risk to see how well it actually works. Just wondering if anyone else tried it out yet.

jvfishkiller
    Ramsey MN

Downloaded for $9.99 last December for LOTW / Mille Lacs ice fishing trips. Surprisingly accurate finding structure = fishing success. I was not disappointed in the purchase. Worth the $$

Big Guppy

sandmannd

Have had it on my Android for a couple of years. Very good app.

stcroixer
    Croix Valley

I have the android app, which is good, but it will not allow you to zoom in too far. Is that the case with the tablet app? I was also looking at a Motorola Zoom just for GPS in the boat with the use of the Navionics app.

mallard_militia
    Fulton County, Illinois

I’ll try it down here in Illinois on Lake Shelbyville this weekend. The lake fluctuates a lot between summer pool and the rest of the year, but it will be good to know where the main channels are located because the water level is soo low.

jeremy-liebig
    mpls

Works amazingly well on IPhone.. One of best $10.00 purchases I’ve made.

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

It has been the ONLY app I have bought

mallard_militia
    Fulton County, Illinois

So I tried the app out this weekend on Lake Shelbyville in Illinois. I thought the app was an incredible value and I would recommend it. Lake Shelbyville is a reservoir lake and fluctuates between summer pool and the rest of the year. The lake also has a lot of submerged timber to which the app helps locate for you. Right now the water is at summer pool and the app was essentially right on with the depth finder. I was able to locate the original river bed to which allowed me to safely navigate a large boat an extra mile or so up the lake with some confidence.

KirtH
    Lakeville

Here are some screen shots

johnnyg105
    Hugo, MN

I downloaded it over the weekend and I’m impressed so far. I can’t wait for some ice so I can actually use it.

kennyd

Quote:

I have the android app, which is good, but it will not allow you to zoom in too far. Is that the case with the tablet app? I was also looking at a Motorola Zoom just for GPS in the boat with the use of the Navionics app.

i have the same questin..on my andoid phone you couldnt zoom in enough to see the small humps…can you on the ipad app?

KirtH
    Lakeville

Quote:

Quote:

i have the same questin..on my andoid phone you couldnt zoom in enough to see the small humps…can you on the ipad app?

Cant see the humps? If the lake is not mapped in HD you are not going to see smaller features, you can zoom in enough to see all the contour lines.

KirtH
    Lakeville

Here is a screen shot from my Droid .02 of mile is the tightest it will zoom

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.