GPS dog collars

• crawdaddy
    St. Paul MN

I’m wondering if anyone on here has tried a GPS dog collar. I’m not talking about a hunting one, I’m talking about an everyday one. I always get ads for one called “Fi”.

CaptainMusky

I’m wondering if anyone on here has tried a GPS dog collar. I’m not talking about a hunting one, I’m talking about an everyday one. I always get ads for one called “Fi”.

My sons dog slipped his collar a few weeks ago when he saw a squirrel and thought he lost him. Thankfully he found him shortly later. I found that exact collar online and sent it to him thinking it would be a good idea when he takes him for walks. He has not purchased it that I am aware of but it looked like a decent collar and app to track on your phone. They even had a promo for $70 off.

Nice Fella

Could you figure a way to slip one of those newfangled Apple Airtags into a collar or harness pocket?

Reef W

Could you figure a way to slip one of those newfangled Apple Airtags into a collar or harness pocket?

Those have to be near an iphone to report their location. The Fi collars connect to cellular network themselves so they work anywhere with a signal. They kind of hide it on the website until you add to your cart but it costs $99/yr for the cell service, a bit less if you do more than a year. They only update location every 2-5 minutes unless you put it in “lost dog” mode and then it will update every minute. I know someone who has one and likes it for their purposes. Just keep in mind the refresh rate and that it won’t work where there is no cell service.

CaptainMusky

They kind of hide it on the website until you add to your cart but it costs $99/yr for the cell service, a bit less if you do more than a year. They only update location every 2-5 minutes unless you put it in “lost dog” mode and then it will update every minute. I know someone who has one and likes it for their purposes. Just keep in mind the refresh rate and that it won’t work where there is no cell service.

Figured there had to be something more to it. Thanks for sharing.

disco bobber

I get those on my Facebook as well I saw where there may be a monthly subscription fee. From What I saw they weren’t rated very high.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.