Getting into Canada — Oops!!

• fishdale

Mike – You reminded me of another don’t. Don’t laugh when a agent slips and racks his nuts when he is climbing into your boat to search it. Go figure

I flew to Toronto every week for 6 months. I got good on profiling the boarder agents at the airports to determine what line to get in. Worst were the Female Blonds they always sent me to the back room.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Sportsman Lawyers is operated by Satveer Chaudhary. He specializes in helping people cross into CA and get back home again even if you have a felony on your record.

For the non Facebook types.
    http://www.chaudharylawoffice.com.

Me? I went to Canada with an Ido member. Manny aka Blacksportsman. I never did know his last name and then the border agent ask for Manny’s last name. I thought for a moment and as he was handing me his D/L he told me “White”!

I looked at him and said “you’re kidding me!” Not sure what the agent thought but she let us through…LOL!

They did ask if we had any guns or knives. When I said we were going fishing she asked again, “no knives for cleaning fish?”. Nope, catch and release only and I was on my way to the Great Red River of the North with a good friend Blacksportsman that has the last name of White. )

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Worst were the Female Blonds they always sent me to the back room.

That’s what happens when you carry a banana in your pocket. shock

CaptainMusky

5 years ago I went on a Canadian Fishing Trip where we camped on an island on LOW for a week. I had never been on this trip and it was my first visit to Canada in like 15 years.
    The border agent asked me when the last time was that I visited Canada? As he was looking down at my passport, I said, hmm, 15 years ago. His head snapped up and he looks directly at me and says “what took you so long to come back?”
    I am sure he was fishing for a DWI or some other offense, but I just hadn’t had an opportunity since then.
    Don’t make the mistake of bringing Bear Spray either. Bear spray is legal, but pepper spray is not. While they are the same essential ingredients I suppose, the pepper spray since its in a smaller can and can be concealed is not allowed. When my buddy said he had that they wanted to go through everything, beer, tobacco, bear spray, etc.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Irott – You can get permanent access through Canada’s rehabilitation program/permit. It is a pain in the ass. The paperwork is taxing enough where hiring a lawyer is a good idea ( I know a guy who was granted rehab status and his bro is a lawyer and that helped). As long as last offense was 10 years ago you would be a candidate for acceptance, even if multiple alcohol violations.

The period is actually 5 years after serving your sentence. At the 10 year mark, you are automatically deemed rehabilitated without applying for rehabilitation.

Overcoming criminal inadmissibility
    Criminality

Convictions / offences outside Canada

If you were convicted of or committed a criminal offence outside Canada, you may overcome this criminal inadmissibility

by applying for rehabilitation, or
    you may be deemed to have been rehabilitated if at least ten years have passed since you completed the sentence imposed upon you, or since you committed the offence, if the offence is one that would, in Canada, be an indictable offence punishable by a maximum term of imprisonment of less than ten years.
    If the offence is one that would, in Canada, be prosecuted summarily, and if you were convicted for two (2) or more such offences, the period for rehabilitation is at least five (5) years after the sentences imposed were served or are to be served.

Source:
    https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5312-rehabilitation-persons-inadmissible-canada-past-criminal-activity.html

Viewing 5 posts - 61 through 65 (of 65 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.