Garmin and lowrance

• Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Releasing trolling motor real soon. Both hitting the 3k mark? Holy hell that’s crazy money for a trolling motor.
    Are they going to give hummingbird minnkota a run for the money. Or is hb minnkota just going to get u guys to drop 3k next year

Not to screed, but I need a new motor bad on my big boat and have been less than thrilled with the last few Johnson Outdoors products I’ve had and my pinpoint just crapped out on my little boat so garmin will probably get my $ here.

It sounds like he Garmin is a real beast, probably a full kicker substitute for many. Fishing Tackle Retailer Ezine has an on water review of the new motors.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I couldnt spend 3 grand on a trolling motor. But I do run garmin electronics on both my boats. I really like my 93sv unit.
    Never seen the trolling motor besides a few videos. Really looks nice. Brushless as well. I’d assume minnkota must have one on the drawing board for next year

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

One thing I noticed is that both the Garmin and lowrance are designed for bass boats. People with deep hull boats don’t have to worry just yet.

Geez. I thought competition was supposed to create better pricing.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

One thing I noticed is that both the Garmin and lowrance are designed for bass boats. People with deep hull boats don’t have to worry just yet.

Geez. I thought competition was supposed to create better pricing.

Yeah I read something they both are 56 inch shafts. But I also seen aaron wiebe uncut angling just put a garmin on his brand new warrior tiller boat.
    The videos I seen make them look real nice but wow is 3k steep. I still prefer my co pilot

Mr. Derek
    NULL

The ultrex and ulterra were already around 3k for the 36v so it doesn’t surprise me to see the others coming in around the same price.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

The only logical thing next is for minnkota and motorguide to come out with sonar.

Aaron Kalberer

The ultrex and ulterra were already around 3k for the 36v so it doesn’t surprise me to see the others coming in around the same price.

Plus the Lowrance motor can be 24v or 36v by flipping a switch and both Lowerance and Garmin are brushless, so it seems to me you may be getting more bang for your buck with these two. Just wished it didn’t cost so much.

rjthehunter
    Brainerd

I’ve been waiting for another competitor in the trolling motor industry for quite some time to see prices fall hopefully. Now they’re just raising prices even more. I think if a company came into the game with a pricepoint trolling motor the game would change significantly. The markup on these things has got to be insane.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I’ve been waiting for another competitor in the trolling motor industry for quite some time to see prices fall hopefully. Now they’re just raising prices even more. I think if a company came into the game with a pricepoint trolling motor the game would change significantly. The markup on these things has got to be insane.

Built for 350 bucks sold for 3k. And as fisherman we keep asking for more please.

rjthehunter
    Brainerd

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>rjthehunter wrote:</div>

Built for 350 bucks sold for 3k. And as fisherman we keep asking for more please.

Honestly. That’s why I’m saying if someone came into the market who wasn’t just in it for the money… They ought to look at how many more they would sell if they weren’t so outrageously priced. It’s getting ridiculous. I’m guilty of it. I bought a brand new terrova a month ago. Even 2k is a lot though.

Mr. Derek
    NULL

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>rjthehunter wrote:</div>

Their BOM cost might be close to $350 but the cost of tooling, r&d, ect all need to be absorbed over the life cycle of the project. Its not like they are selling millions of these per year. Then add direct and indirect costs to manufacture each unit. I would guess their cost is 3x what you think, maybe more.

fishinfreaks
    Rogers, MN

The only logical thing next is for minnkota and motorguide to come out with sonar.

MinnKota has Humminbird under same ownership, Johnson Outdoors. So they’re good. Best thing for Motorguide is to close up shop and rid the industry of their garbage.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.