Game Cam Flashes

• fishingchallenged

I’ve been trying to exclusively buy No Glow flash on all of my recent camera purchases. My oldest camera doesn’t have that and I tend to get deer staring at the light in night shots.

How many of you have experience in the field with low glow, also known as IR flashes? Do you ever see game noticing the flash? There’s a pretty big cost difference and I’m trying to boost my population of cameras.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

I have some cameras with the black flash. And some conventional low glow cameras. I get deer looking at both of the cameras when pictures are taken.

I’m convinced it’s not so much the flash as the fact that the cameras still make a tiny amount of noise at a frequency that deer can hear.

Either way I don’t believe that the flash itself spooks the deer. Even though they notice the camera it doesn’t seem to mean anything to them. For me camera choice is more about long battery life, reliability, and picture quality.

Grouse

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

I have the same results as Grouse. I get as many pictures during mid day with deer looking at my cams as I do at night.

Here is a 3 shot burst – look at her ears

Attachments:
    1. IMG_0758.jpg

2. IMG_0757.jpg

3. IMG_0756.jpg

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.