House Boating This Weekend

• lew
    Kasson, MN

I’ve been looking forward to this trip since last December. We have two houseboats reserved for about 24 guys. Some fishing for walleyes, others looking for musky’s. Personally, my primary target will be smallies. I’m setting my sites high as I look for 18″ plus smallies. Can anyone offer advise on location and lure selection. Not hitting my goal will not make this trip a disappointment. I love the Vermilion area and am excited about all the fishing options available. If I have to settle for northern and panfish I will still head back to SE Minnesota one happy camper.
    Thanks, Lew.

lew
    Kasson, MN

For those of you viewing this post and wonder why I’m not getting any answer, I confess I also posted this on one other fine Minnesota fishing forum. On that posting I received three valuable responses from three different guides on Lake Vermilion. The seem to be all good points and I look forward to giving them a fair shake. Thanks to the guides of Lake Vermilion. Lew

clarence_chapman
    Hastings, MN Lake Isabel activist

Hey good luck.
    I was up there 2 weeks ago and all we did was troll raps and rattle traps in 4-6 ft of water. Caught a variety of fish. Eyes, Smallies and Northerns. For more see my posts in SEE YOU IN AUG>
    Good luck sounds like a good time.
    Chappy342

guideman
    Lake Vermilion, Tower, Minnesota

Hey All,
    Sorry again for the lack of replies, guiding and computer problems have kept me off the board much of the summer.
    The computer is now fixed and my season is begining to slow down a bit, I’ll be on the board as much as I can in weeks to come.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.