Trout Lake – Next week

• badgerman

All-

Sorry for the duplicate post with fishingmn site, but wanted to make sure I get as much information as possible.

I have posted before and am aware of the great information you guys can provide. I am going in for my annual trip next week and wanted to get a quick update. I usually go in June and this is the first time I have gone in late August. I am mainly looking for things that will affect my pack in. We are bringing a few boats and thinking of a canoe also.

1) What is my best bet for live bait? I have traditionally brought in minnows, but my track record keeping them alive is less then desireable, even with an aerator. Should I still bring some minnows? My preference would be crawlers since I could keep them alive better?

2) Anyone know the water temp and if it is even fathomable to catch lakers this late in the summer? I have read about the frozen ciscos on a set line and was thinking of trying in 50-60 ft of water, but not even sure if it is worth the try.

3) If we do bring a canoe and only had one lake to portage over to, which would you choose, Pine of Oriniack? I have heard good things about Oriniack, but am wondering if Pine is actually a better bet.

4) Any update on action in Trout, best places to fish for walleye (if not already mentioned in previous posts, etc).

5) A couple members of my party are thinking of bringing up fly rods. Any suggestions on where to fish them?

Thanks to all that respond.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.