Lake Vermilion report.

• guideman
    Lake Vermilion, Tower, Minnesota

Hi All,
    The walleye action was slow much of the week however, there are windows of opportunity if you can get out at the right time of day. The late morning hours between 9 am and noon have been good as well as late in the afternoon between 3 and 5pm.

You may only get a few chances for a walleye however, they have been running between 14 and 17″ most of the time. Plain hooks tipped with a sucker or shiner minnow havew been out fishing most presentations that I have tried.
    Jigs and spoons have given way to a dead stick with a 3 or 4″ minnow in my shack. Even the fish that bite seem a little hesitant to commit to the bait. less movement the better
    it seems, infact they tend to move on if you try working the bait.

I am fishing in 30ft of water over a soft bottom area, just off a rock reef in Big Bay. Ater talking with several anglers on Sunday it seems that most of them have experienced similar action.

Ice conditions are good with about 16 to 20″ of good solid ice. There is about a foot of snow cover after Sundays snowfall. The ice surface is a little rough after the rain a warm weather of last weekend but it isn’t to bad getting around in the McKinley park area.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.