Vermilion 9/10,11, 12th

• Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

My fishing club just finished our annual Fall tourney up on Lake Vermilion. WE are a multi-species club. WE stay at Muskego Resort (which is wonderful) on the Cook end. we did have a cold front, but fishing was pretty good regardless. largemouth were around docks mainly, the bigger and heavier docks (piling type) the better. senko’s and ika’s were good and small jig/pigs. smallies were caught around shoreline rocks, mostly medium size fish, no big ones. some locals up there have said the smallies are heading out from shoreline areas to midlake humps. we cameraed some underwater humps and saw some smallies and walleyes, but they were just no eating alot yet. and that could be caused by our front. Northerns were hitting spinnerbaits quite well, shoreline with rocks and weeds or reeds with wind blowing in had active fish. crappies were deep 18-30 feet off rock dropoffs, my partner and I only had 4 crappies, but two of those were 12″ and a 13 1/2″. this weekend Bob Mehsikomer is having a huge Musky tourney this weekend. will add a few pics soon. Jack..

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.