Advice Needed

• futPWTure77
    Zumbrota, MN

On July 24-Aug 1 I am going up to Vermilion to prefish for the GNWC walleye tournament thats goin to be held at Timbuktu Lodge. My partner (a guide on Vermilion)and I will be fishing the eastern portion. My partner almost always fishes with live bait rigs on the rock humps that time of year but we know that we are gonna have to put some big eye’s in the boat to win, and they are probably not going to be caught by lindy riggin. So my question is, what is the key to putting big walleyes in the boat in late July, early Aug. Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated and thanks in advance to all who reply . Thanks

Tony

guideman
    Lake Vermilion, Tower, Minnesota

I would think that your partner the guide should be able to answer that question.

emtbucket

Tony,
    You would think that this tournament had a $100,000 1st prize as tight lipped as these friendly people on this site are acting. Come on guy’s let hear some of the tricks to these vermilion walleyes.

futPWTure77
    Zumbrota, MN

Yeah no kidding. But too late now because I’m leaving in a hour. Thanks anyway.

Tony

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

To be honest, I fished the same tourney last year there. I stunk it up badly. I did find a spot holding a sumo muskie, but obviously that doesn’t help me much. I would share some info, but it wouldn’t help you any.

futPWTure77
    Zumbrota, MN

Hey. I didn’t mean to come off as someone who wanted a lot of info. I’m sorry if I was too direct, but I was looking for some extra little tips because my partner and I are trying new techniques and we were not sure about some aspects of those presentations, such as trolling and casting for walleyes. Thanks for the replies (even the sarcastic ones ) and the interest in this post. I will be heading up again on wednesday night and will let you guys know how we do in the tourney. Thanks

Tony

kooty
    Keymaster

Tony,

I loved fishing that lake last summer, it’s beautiful up there, but I simply got my handed to me. I caught some small fish, prefishing. We blanked in the tourney. Good luck!!

futPWTure77
    Zumbrota, MN

Hey all. We fished the GNWC walleye tourney yesterday,and even though we didn’t use one technique that people talked about in my research and questioning , we still took second and cashed a check for 800 dollars. Thanks for the interest in this post.

Tony

kooty
    Keymaster

Congratulations Tony!!

Care to share the technique??

futPWTure77
    Zumbrota, MN

Thanks. We slip-bobbered (yeah, i know) a necked down area between two islands that had some current running over the top of a rocky point. We ended up weighing 2 19.5 and 2 21.5 inch fish with a total weight of 12.44. (you could only weigh 4 fish) Thanks again.

Tony

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.