Opener

• DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

I will be up on Thursday, but my old man took my bro and nephew up. Only my dad fishes a lot. They kept nearly a limit of 17-18″ fish. They caught some smaller fish on minnows, but all of the nicer fish came on leeches.

They were in 10-13′ of water on a large point near Frazer Bay.

guideman
    Lake Vermilion, Tower, Minnesota

Hey Dave,
    It was a good opener for some and not so good for others. Most of the people that fished in Pike bay were disappointed in the action. Minnows or leeches, apples and oranges, we caught all our fish on minnows and that incuded all the fish over 20″.

My group caught all of their fish in 28 to 35ft on jigs/minnows. We did try some trolling at sunset but it didn’t pan out for us. However I did manage to get everyone a limit of walleyes Saturday and Sunday.

chappy
    Hastings, MN

How’s the lake level? Got a guy coming up Memorial day weekend and is wondering.

guideman
    Lake Vermilion, Tower, Minnesota

Hey Chappy,

The water is at normal levels over most of the lake. We finally had a normal snow fall for the first time in many years. The walleye action has been very good all this week in the areas I have been fishing. The smallies are starting to heat up as well as they get ready for spawning in the next few weeks.

Memorial day weekend typically has some of the best fishing of the season for Walleye, Pike, and Bass.

Are you staying at Mock point again?

Good luck out there!

chappy
    Hastings, MN

Your thinking of my Brother, Chappy342.I’m going to change his handle so we quit getting mixed up! LOL. He’s coming a couple times this year, I’m to busy going all over to make it again this year.

clarence_chapman
    Hastings, MN Lake Isabel activist

Hey Terry.
    Yep will be staying at the point again.
    Looks like we will be up there June 23rd to the 28th
    and August 18t-23rd.
    Wife and I are really looking forward to it. We had such a great time trolling around the lake and catching all those fish. I’ll be sure to check in with you when it gets closer to that time. Been buying rattle traps lately. That’s what we did so well with last year.
    Talk to you soon.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.