Next week it it.

• fredbart
    St. Paul

My dad turned 80, last year he had a minor health scare. He is just fine but during this time I promised him a trip to Canada. He is less a fisherman then someone who likes to listen to loons and just look around. later this week we are heading to Kettle Falls for 4 days fishing.

In getting ready I’d appreciate any current reports, pattern suggestions, etc. Promise to make reports on our return and hope we can get the big guy some of those sassy big Rainy walleyes.

Its great to be at this point. A year ago we werent sure it would happen!

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

I hope you have a safe and enjoyable trip

Let us know how it went

MIKGILLIE
    Owatonna,MN.

You couldnt have picked a better spot,it is beautiful around there and fishing on that end of Rainy is great,they will have some ideas I am sure on where to fish.You will wish you had more than 4 days.
    Enjoy

joemama
    North St Paul

i took my dad and my boys 11 and 9 to lac sual for a week 3 years ago.. cost more than i could afford but it was worth every dime for me.. and for my kids memories for mine ..my dad’s memory is gone but not mine or thiers..i should have taken him and them every year

arklite881south

Have a great trip!! Glad to see your able to get your dad out up to Rainy lake. We’re in the middle of a “Mayfly buffet” that seems to be rather broad in scope effecting the bite in many areas of the lake. Traditional summer stop, drop and pop methods are leaving anglers frustrated over the past week. Need to think outside the box, and possibly outside the balls of flies on the graph. Traditionally I’ve had success fishing amongst the loads of flies, but as of late that has been difficult no doubt. We’ve had to move FAR away from the biggest fly hatches fishing smaller pods of fish. Mayfly hatches are similiar to folks heading to the Chinese buffet in their baggy sweatpants. They simply devour the food, but soon after are very hungry once again. There simply isn’t a lot of nutrition in those flies, and when they finally are done those same fish will be tearing up the tackle once again!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.