Rainy Boat-In Camping

• Hillbiehle

Each year my wife and I camp on East Namakan. We are thinking of changing things this year and fishing Rainy for the first time in Early June from Wednesday to Sunday. I was thinking of putting the boat in near the Rainy Lake Visitor Center and traveling East to Saginaw Bay. It is hard to judge the distance, but it appears around around 10 to 12 miles. My questions/concerns follow:

1. First concern is if the distance is greater than 12 miles. Having enouch fuel 12 gallons in the boat with another 20 gallons will be brougt along.

2. Will the remoteness be similar to East Namakan? Will it be easier to get a campsite.

3. There appear to be many campsites on the south shore between the visitor center and Saginaw Bay. Are these sites hard to get.

Lastly, my wife’s top priority is a remote and hidden campsite. My priority is accesibility to good fishing without having to travel too much. Is there any general areas that you can recommend that I should look as a newbie to this area? What is the most remote area? As always thank you in advance for any replys or pm’s.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.