Heads Up on OT this weekend.

• fishinallday
    Montrose Mn

FYI to those heading to Ottertail this weekend. The big winds Sat and Sun picked up many of the docks lining Amor flats distributing them all over the lake. From the sounds of it the flats will be littered with aluminum docks from the red lantern south. Our neighbor said it looked like a caravan of docks heading for Zorbas at one point.

Good luck to all and watch where your running.

hawgstatus
    Moundsview, MN

This is not good. It will make things pretty interesting for us, hopefully they will have some cleaned up by this weekend.

The wind was about a week early this year, hopefully it wont be blowing like it did the last few days. Anyone else having trouble sleeping??

fishinallday
    Montrose Mn

I don’t think they will be able to get at most of them. (Until there hit. ) Sounds like a few went down in 8 to 10 ft of water. I’m sure there are a few in the old river bottom as well. Should make some interesting cover out there.

jbongers
    South St. Paul, MN

any word did, they get the docks out yet?

fishinallday
    Montrose Mn

Sorry I left early and went up on thursday. The Dock tops were the only thing left in the water. (At least that I could see.) This year it paid to have a wood dock instead of the alum. dock. Of the 10 to 12 docks on our road we were one of two that didn’t sustain major damage. The red lantern didn;t have a single dock in the water for opening weekend. He had to cancel all of his bookings for this week. (That had to hurt the pocket book.)

At least the fishing was good. I couldn’t even begin to guess how many fosh hit the net this year. What a great weekend! BTW for those heading back up this week the evening trolling bite is going!!!!!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.