Ottertail report Oct 5 – 7

• kurt-turner
    Southeast MN

Just got back from 3 great days of fishing at OT. If you want to fish a small to mid size lake that fishs like a monster you must try OT. Next time your in your favorite sporting goods store take a peak at an OT map. I know Gander and Cabela’s carries their map. We caught all of our fish on 2 presentations. Rigging with 5 ft leaders, red or chart beads and #2 gami’s loaded with large sucker or golden shiner minnows. The other presentation was pitching blade baits. Our biggest came on a hammered gold Luhr Jensen Cicada blade. This one hit the 26.5 inch mark. We caught fish from 12 to 20 FOW with most of them coming at 15 ft. Here’s the biggest and I’ll post a few more. Definitely plan a trip to OT if you like fishing structure. Good fishing……. Kurt

kurt-turner
    Southeast MN

Here’s a chunky 24.

kurt-turner
    Southeast MN

A nice 23.5 that needs to eat a little more.

kurt-turner
    Southeast MN

We had the pleasure of fishing with a good friend, Trevor Johnson for half a day. Trevor’s father, Lynn is the owner of Vacationland resort, a very clean and affordable resort on OT. We decided to eat a couple meals and take a few home. These fish are 15 to 20 inchers. The best part is that we released many fish to be caught again especially the big girls…..

Thanks Trevor! Look forward to fishing with you again!

kurt-turner
    Southeast MN

One last pic. Karen and I had the itch to try a few hours of trolling Mille. We hooked up with this 25 inch sumo pig right away and then it took a while to get another 22 incher so we packed up and headed to OT.

deeplake
    Iron, mn

wow! those are some beautiful eyes!

fishinallday
    Montrose Mn

I’ll be up on the 21st!!!! Now I’m excited!

Ducks in the AM and eyes in the afternoon. Gotta love family cabins.

Trev
    Battle Lake, MN

Glad you guys could come up Kurt. Catching those fish made the 30mph winds almost go unnoticed. Hopefully get out again this weekend if the lake doesn’t freeze up (high of 25 for Thurs) . Sure is nice those 12-13″ fish finally decided to grow up. Hopefully a sign of things to come in the next few years. Better not wait 4 years before your next trip this way. Take care.

rschwartz
    Rosemount, MN

I was up there 10/6, 10/7 the wind was tough blowing at 25-30 each day. Wecaught a bunch of fish between 5:00pm to midnite trolling shad raps and wally divers in 6-8 feet of water had a great time.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.