?????`

• jmj83
    Rochester,MN

Does anyone ever post here?!!?

fishinallday
    Montrose Mn

Give it another 2 weeks. There are a few guy like my self that head up there a bit once the season has opened.

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

I’ll hit Ottertail in late May and June. I hope I have some info worth posting.

jbongers
    South St. Paul, MN

I will be up there openning weekend/week.

fishinallday
    Montrose Mn

Ok… Here’s the start of things to come……

The in laws were up last weekend. Lake temps are already in the mid 50’s with temps coming out of the river pushing 60. The local Co says that most if not all the eye’s have spawned out. Should make for a great opening weekend if the weather cooperates.

It also sounds like Ken’s will have a limited suply of Shiners this year. Unless somthing has changed. Local water temps pushed the shiners off the banks already. There will be no seining for my gruop.

If the fish are truely post spawn I may drag some cranks this weekend. It has been a while since I have been able to dio this on the opener. Should be a great weekend.

Any one else heading up this weekend?

jbongers
    South St. Paul, MN

I’ll be up there, and will be staying at Barky’s, I’ll be in a Gray Ranger tiller stop by and say hi if you see me.

hawgstatus
    Moundsview, MN

Should be a great opener for OT. Probably stop at Zorbas for a beer and Pizza. Shiners are going to be in limited supply. Anyone gonna spend time trollin cranks over sand?? or casting cranks?

HS

fishinallday
    Montrose Mn

What a great opener! How did everyone else do?

We caught fish on everything but plastics!

jbongers
    South St. Paul, MN

I just got back last night. We caught plenty of fish all day every day. Just before dark the fish REALLY turned on. We had the best luck on live bait rigs and lake shiners in 18-22 fow.

fishinallday
    Montrose Mn

J,

Did you pull any cranks? I was suprised at how many fish we caught in 8 to 10 ft of water after dark. Did Amor stay active the rest of the week?

jbongers
    South St. Paul, MN

Yep, Amor was good the whole time we were there. I found better quality fish though out on Big Island. Did you see me out there? What boat were you in. I just tried pulling cranks for a liitle bit without much luck. I just tried mid-day for about an hour.

fishinallday
    Montrose Mn

We were fishing out of my fauther in laws Lund Tyee. Fished Amor and the main lake humps off the old river bed.
    Pulled cranks at night over the sand on amor and infront of the old folks home. The night bite was all about cranks!

I believe I saw you on sat. Not sure though. Do you head up there very often?

Did you run into the group of idiots running 3 seperate lunds? These idiots about ran us over while fishing a spot. The lead boat threw out a marker on the way by. Once it hit the water they acted like we were on there spot. They spent the next 10 minutes circling our boat attempting to fish within 10 to 15 ft of us! NOT JUST ONE! ALL THREE!

OH well…… Not much you can do.

Proves my point though. “Being able to afford a boat doesn’t make you smart enough to have one.”

jbongers
    South St. Paul, MN

I usually get up there a couple times a year, I go up openning weekend/week, and then later in the summer. I didn’t run into the Lunds but I did have a couple people doing the same thing and they would follow us wherever we went.

fishinallday
    Montrose Mn

Let me know the next time you are heading up. I am up there a couple times a month. The inlaws have a cabin on the lake.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.