New to ottertail

• bigbubba

hey all,

My wifes Grandma has a cabin up at ottertail and I have been up several times, however never done any fishing on the lake.

This weekend is going to change this bad habit and I’m going to go out. Can anyone give me some info on the lake? AKA where is Armor point, depth maps, etc so I can figure out where to even try. I’m goin for some ‘eye but anything is fun to catch.

Thanks in advance as I’m headin out Thursday AM.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Welcome to IDA Big Bubba !

I have only fished Ottertail a few times back in the College days and dont remember much from those days (haze)! I’m sure soenmone will chime in soon though! Good luck and hope to see you around here at IDA often

fishinallday
    Montrose Mn

I have begun fishing Otter tail the last couple of years. I am by no means an expert on this lake. But here’s what I know.

Amour point is on the North west side of the lake. You will need a good map to fish this for the first time. There are many fingers that come off of this point. If you decide to give this a shot. Start at the first cabin, and work your way to the red steps that sit on the hill. (When you see it you will understand.) This is a difficult spot to work until you get to know it.

Otter tail is a wild lake. Very step breaks heading into the old river beds. The main lake contains many humps. Many of these humps come out of 50ft of water ending in 10ft of water. The lake is primarily sand with very little weed growth. Find weeds, find fish.

Before you head out, stop and see Ken @ Ken’s bait shop in Ottertail. He is always good about getting you started.

Good luck!
    Chris
    I will send you a PM later.

bigbubba

Criss – Could you please resend the PM? It says I have a PM, but nothing shows up.

Thanks again

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.