This-Bite-Goes-On

• Trev
    Battle Lake, MN

The bite continues here on OT, despite a brutal, windy cold front yesterday. Anglers that toughed it out were rewarded with hungry walleyes.

Here’s 2 of our guests from Two Rivers, WI with some eyes ready for the fillet shack and a bonus 14″ perch!

Trev
    Battle Lake, MN

We even have lady anglers getting in on the action here at Vacationland. Marilyn stuck it out in the cold and wind yesterday and brought this 22″ walleye in for photo opp. Good job Marilyn!

Trev
    Battle Lake, MN

Oh the smells of deep fried fish just keep getting better… Dave from Austin, MN with 5 fish he caught in just 2 quick hours before heading in to warm up.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Looks like some good fishing. So what are they biting on up there?

Trev
    Battle Lake, MN

Suckers, suckers, and then more suckers.

kurt-turner
    Southeast MN

Don’t you ever work? I thought resort ownership was nothing but work and more work? Suckers cheaper then red tails? LOL! Wish we could get up there. Nice report!

Trev
    Battle Lake, MN

For the majority of the season it is…little lul in the action right now so I take that opportunity to fish when possible and keep my guests on fish. Don’t always have the opportunity to do that…

You could compare this bite Kurt to the one we had a few years back, fishing almost the same area.

kurt-turner
    Southeast MN

Trev,

Are you closing up this fall? Keeping a cabin open for winter? We’d like to make one more run up there and IF it warms up we might ride the Goldwing up and rent a pop can seeing how that honey hole is so close to the resort.

Lemme know! But before I commit I wanna know those suckers don’t cost a second mortgage like the red tails…

Trev
    Battle Lake, MN

I’ll be keeping the big cabin open all fall/winter. Everything else is gonna get shut down around mid-October.

Sounds good – I’ll keep ya posted on the bite.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.