opening weekend

• cookie
    waskish minnesota on upper red lake

.My guest arrived around 10 saturday morning. She was a little windier then I wanted but we headed out. Getting on the lake with the shallow water is a booger.Just a heads up once you pass the last marker stay to the left. There are rocks to the right further out to the north. Manuvering through the boats anchored in front of the mouth was also tricky. We headed south and drifted from 8 feet intp 4 dragging jigs with fatheads. The sheephead kept us busy fron 8 to 6 feet. We stuck it out for 3 hours and managed to get 3 keepers. The guys had had enough of the waves so we came in. Saturday eve we headed out a 6 and the fishing was much better and the winds and wave action was also much better, We landed a walleye every drift with some to small 3 oe 4to big with the biggest a 20 incher, Me ended up with 4 keepers. for the evning . The guys staying down at the lake managed to catch quite a few fish .Jim and Wayne got there 8 but spent most of the day on the lake. Lyle staying on my river lot and his two pals also got there 12 and satyed on the lake most of the day. It was diffintly the slowest and windiest opener

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

We battled the wind on Sat for our limit but on Sunday didnt even launch. First time we have ever been blown off Red. Finally hit Island Lake for the first time ever after driving by it for so many years. Wow what a beautiful lake that is! Fishing was horribly slow but we managed a few fish including a handfull of eyes.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.