The weekend of the 20th

• cookie
    waskish minnesota on upper red lake

Well it was nice to see the fishing picked up saturday eve,. Scott caught his trophy crappie a very fat thick elusive uppper red lake crappie. Dalton had a nice run at 10pm and landed 5 keepers. Jeff and his crew did much better after I moved california. Kevin and his crew ate like kings ,played cards and had a good time but the fishing was not the best but they were not fishing as hard as they could of. I did manage to get a keeper in minnnesota saturday while prepping for dave and sarhas arrival. They did not roll in tell 9pm saturday night . I will be moving them today if they did not have a good night.
    I spent yesterday moving florida,montana and arizona before the snow starts drifting around the houses. They are banked, cleaned and ready to have the holes augered out friday morning.Peg and Jim arrive tomorrow for florida. Phil we be wetting a line in one of the houses tonight just not sure which one at this time. California has only been fished one night so i will leave it there for the up and coming weekend.
    We will be spending the next couple of days moving some snow as I think we got around 6 inches.

Scott with is trophy and there catch for the weekend.

All the prep work before moving montana

timschmitz
    Waconia MN

So for the weekend they caught 1 crappie 3 perch and 3 walleyes? WOW

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

I was hearing stories of groups of guys getting 100+ fish per day. Has it slowed down?

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

Quote:

We all know some are there to party and some are there to fish, perhaps this group was there to party. I dont know… Not all fisherman are created equal.

timschmitz
    Waconia MN

Quote:

Quote:

We all know some are there to party and some are there to fish, perhaps this group was there to party. I dont know… Not all fisherman are created equal.

My buddy was there to party a week ago and they got over 100 in 2.5 days. To only catch 7 fish you’d have to not fish for most of the time

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

Interesting that crappie are now known as elusive? Perhaps that was tongue in cheek?

Oh how the mighty have fallen.

crossin_eyes
    Lakeville, MN

Cougareye,

I don’t think our group has caught a crappie on Red in over 2 years. Elusive to say the least!

cookie

yes they did not do well. I have been doing this for 10 years and have had up to 11 houses. I constantly move my houses. I do not think one has ever caught over a hundred fish in 2 nights. Back in the hey day of the crappies I would say there were many times where they got over a 100 in 2 nights. I would say the average would be around 15 fish per day.
    I started calling them the elusive but still catchable crappie a few years ago. My houses are up to a total of 3 for the season thats 2 more then all of last year.

cookie

The 6 guys in arizona fish house partied hard.Played cards and ate like kings. They did the worst and still had a great time.

timschmitz
    Waconia MN

Quote:

yes they did not do well. I have been doing this for 10 years and have had up to 11 houses. I constantly move my houses. I do not think one has ever caught over a hundred fish in 2 nights. Back in the hey day of the crappies I would say there were many times where they got over a 100 in 2 nights. I would say the average would be around 15 fish per day.
    I started calling them the elusive but still catchable crappie a few years ago. My houses are up to a total of 3 for the season thats 2 more then all of last year.

I’m not saying they got 100 crappies in a couple days. I’m talking walleyes with the way the bite has been this year to only catch 3 eyes and 3 perch is totally laughable and if I was one of the poor suckers you stuck in a house I’d demand my money back.
    You said you’ve been doing this for 10 years so you got in at the tail end of the crappie boom. I can also tell you even 10 years ago we were icing over 100 crappies a day between 3 guys but you say 15 per day average I guess I should have started a fishhouse gig on URL.

josh a

I have friends that once spent an entire weekend on mille lacs without ever having a bite. they were there to party more than fish and to this day they still talk about how much fun the trip was. I think Tim, you may be missing the point that there are people who rent shacks just to get away for the weekend without caring at all if they catch a fish, so long as the company is good and the beer is cold.

cookie

come on up tim i’ll let you fish for free in exchange for you helping me do my job .

cookie

The average of 15 is for my houses this year.Walleyes that is. In the crappie day 100 a night happened quite a bit. But I only had one house when I started. Scotty his dad and two sons had a great time even if that was all they caught. It is more then just catching fish as it is spendimng time with family. There was zero drinking. The boys were not much into the fishing .
    I must be doing somthing right as they have been coming for 6 years.Plus before that they use to rent the cabin and fish portables.
    Scotty brings me fresh cookies to boot. Scott’s brother caught a big pike two years ago and has came down from alaske twice to fish with his dad and brothers. I’ll bet money they will be back next year.
    If I had it my way they would all catch 100 fish a day.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.