River Bend Resort

• has
    Hudson, WI

Renting there sleeper shack 26 miles out on the Reefs 3/13-3/15. Never been to LOTW. What should we expect this time of year? Anyone ever used River Bend? Thought? Thanks for any help.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Interesting. I’m doing the EXACT same thing this weekend. Heading up tomorrow. I’ll let you know.

has
    Hudson, WI

Let me know how many cases of can be brought in the Bombadier(sp). Not that I’m to worried, will make room for that. Just curious about space and how big of coolers, etc we can bring. And how the fishing is of course.

Mark Steffes
    Farmington, MN

Just my .02, but I wouldn’t waste my time with a sleeper house on LOW. THere is no night bite at all.

has
    Hudson, WI

I heard that. Atleast will be there early and late, when nobody else is there for the primetime bite. It’s a lot cheeper also. Atleast the will be cold, and hopefully I don’t lose my at Texas Hold’em.

Do they catch any Pout on those Reefs at night? I’d really like to try cooking them up!

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Quote:

Let me know how many cases of can be brought in the Bombadier(sp). Not that I’m to worried, will make room for that. Just curious about space and how big of coolers, etc we can bring. And how the fishing is of course.

We were just discussing that last night. We have 7 guys and already trying to cut back on stuff. We are day tripping only on Fri-Sun. We decided to skip big cooler, take food in small cooler then just 12 packs. We can easily keep them cold. we are consolidating everything. I am worried there wont be room for an auger. I will definitely let you know.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Beer is way more important than an auger!!

Mark Steffes
    Farmington, MN

Has, the problem I see with going out that far in the middle of March is your main catch will be perch & small saugers with a few eyes mixed in. Most of the bigger eye’s will be on the move toward the rivers. I think you would be better off with a sleeper house closer to pine island & that time of the year. Again just my .02

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

I ws thinknig the same. Check out the Video Forum:

IDO Fishing Videos ยป Lake of the Woods Walleye Staging for the Spawn

Might pick up a few tips and tricks to get some more fish on the ice.

-J.

scottsteil
    Central MN

Has, the Bombers from River Bend will check on you each day. You can bring as much stuff as you want, you just may not get it all on the first trip. They are very good about getting your stuff to you. I would make sure you have lots of beer.

As for the fishing out there, it is excellent. You will get lots of fish and if you move around, you can find some nice fish. There are lots of females that spawn out there. I know right where you guys will be fishing and it should be excellent. Don’t be affraid to try shallower at the end of the day, you will be set up pretty deep. You should get some really nice fish. I will be up fishing that same area March 26th. It actually gets better later in the year.

has
    Hudson, WI

Well, we had one in closer, but I talked to them yesterday and we decided to switch and go with the ones on the Reef. They said, with the Ice and the winter they have had this year, the fish won’t be moving in until the end of March, maybe Early April. I guess will have to play it by ear. I know they still have shack open close, but there is only one open on the Reefs.

has
    Hudson, WI

Thanks Scott!! They said as soon as the Clients are out of the shacks at 4pm. We can have the run of any of there house. They mentioned to try the tops of the reef early and late in the day for the big females. All will be CPR’d!

What about the Pout? Will there be Perch out there Scott?

As for the beer . Not sure what I’d due without that.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Beer, chew and jerky. What more does a man need?

scottsteil
    Central MN

I never recommend a sleeper on LOTW unless it is in this case, staying out far on the lake. You made the right call by taking a sleeper out on the reefs. When they pick the rest of the day houses at 4PM you have 3 more hours of fishing yet. Find the houses up shallow and bounce from house to house until you find them. The pout will be up shallower also on the harder bottoms but you should get a few no matter where you fish. The Perch are always my main attraction out there. Feel free to email me if you have any questions, I can get my email while I am on the road.

has
    Hudson, WI

Quote:

Beer, chew and jerky. What more does a man need?

Don’t think I could put that any better myself! Maybe some Cigars…

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

The fishing was good. They took us WAY out. Right on top of Canadian border. One buddies H2o said he WAS in Canada or at least on the line. Hour ride out in bombadier was tough. They literaly squeeze you in.(consolidate your gear!) Keeping track of your fish numbers in shack and back at camp so you dont go over your limit was the hardest part. Glow red was our hotest color. Our largest eye was 25″. Got some sumo perch as well. Send me a PM if you would like more details.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.