Count down is on for LOTW!

• hv2fish06
    Allison,Iowa

I have been scrambling all day to get all my paperwork done and get home to pack. Leaving in afternoon on Wednesday for the LOTW and can not wait! I feel like it is night before opening day of deer season when I was a kid! I have waited all year for this as ice in our area was so hit and miss this winter. Look out Wigwam on our way soon.

packingheat
    Reads Landing Mn

Good luck, we are leaving in the am for 3 days at Arnensens.
    Alittle cool front coming though but its still better than being at work.

nug
    central iowa

Good luck..was up at wigwam mid Feb. for the first time. It was awesome…

And ya..the Iowa ice season sucked.

ekruger01

Im leaving in an hour to head up there! good luck to all!

killerhiller
    Hastings, MN

Just got home from there last night. You dont want to know how BAD it was.

norge

I am leaving tomorrow a.m. to join my brother and 2 others at Arnesen’s to fish through Sunday out of a sleeper shack. My first time at Arnesen’s but my brother has been going there this time of year for several years and done well. I am pumped!

g-no
    Minnesota

Howdy guys, I was just fishing out of Arneson’s sleepers last Wednesday through Friday with 3 other guys, seemed to be a good operation. It wasn’t the crazy Lake of the Woods fishing we’ve all heard about, but we did catch some fish. We had a mixed bag including walleye (3 in the slot at 22″) lots of saugers, pout, a suprising number of perch, toulibee, and Pike. Good Luck!

walleyeben
    Albertville,MN

Quote:

Just got home from there last night. You dont want to know how BAD it was.

We had easly 50 fish yesterday, kept 19 between 15 and 19, fishin out of Adrains. Stayin mobile was key as well as using full shiners on the jiggin spoon rather than haves or heads. We fished32 fow and keepin you bait 3 to 6 feet off bottem seamed to be key, if you hung it in their face they would leave but aggressive jigin way off bottem would envoke some awsome bites. Big fish was only 24 with 3 over 20 good luck to anyone up here, its nasty today, currently set in 18 fow behind Pine been here since 6, 2 hours 4 fish, 5 misses only one broke 17. I think its gonna be a rufff day! But then again I could be @ work

joe-winter
    St. Peter, MN

If you guys could report back after your trips I would appreciate it greatly. I am going up the 17th.

hv2fish06
    Allison,Iowa

My ice fishing is over now and can not wait till next year for lake of the woods! We fished out on Adrian’s road Thursday thru Saturday. Thursday was awesome for the number of fish. My buddy Pat had the hot hand for the day. He pounded them and ended up with a 7.6Lb and couple other slots. We had to leave bout 2:30 due to high wind and at end of road. Friday went all way out again rough day 5 fish.Saturday went back to end road got 3 fish, bout 2 pm end in to island for night bit. Bout 4:30 in 23 fow game on, filled our limited!! We ended day with 3 slot fish to boot. Had a blast at Wigwam and meet Casey and the boys from Dakota’s!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.