Weekend Report

• Hillbiehle

We arrived at Adrians Friday night and fished all day Saturday (11 miles from island) and Sunday morning (9 miles from island). Friday reports were very promising, however we found the bite didn’t really begin until around 8:30 am. By 10:00am the fishing slow significantly and remained throughout the day. In spite of continuously marking fish both days, the fishing remained slow on Sunday. We concluded with only two limits filled for three of us. I’d say 70% of all fish were nice walleyes over 16” with a few over 20”. We threw everything at them, and found that changing baits consistently seemed to help pick up a straggler here and there. Change bait again, and another eventual fish. We ended the trip with a slight improvement using a traditional 1/8oz hot pink leadhead. Also a small slick jig worked well for action, however we consistently were bitten short. I would have loved to have a stinger hook attached to the slick jig. If I was going up there today, first thing I would put on would likely be a plain old jig head but of course things change……

As mentioned, we marked a lot of fish, but couldn’t seem to get them to bite. Adrians certainly did their job by putting us on fish and taking very good care of us. We had a great time and I wish I was there for just one more day.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.